Blairs Boys

Friday, November 24, 2006

Surprises ...

Today has been full of surprises!

This morning I got a letter from my bank. Basically the letter said that the bank has reached a settlement with the NZ Commerce Commission relating to disclosure of currency conversion fees on foreign currency transactions. Apparently they didn't adequately disclose their fees to customers between 17 April 2002 and 31 December 2004, and therefore breached the Fair Trading Act. This was the part of the letter that was most surprising to me: "As you were on of those customers, you are entitled to a payment of $0.38. This payment will be paid to your account."
Could I BE any luckier? 38 cents!!


Then about half an hour ago, I got a phone call from the editor of Little Treasures magazine. For those who don't know, LT is the biggest Kiwi parenting magazine. I've been a subscriber since I was pregnant with Ethan. When Tyler was about 4 months old, I sent in a photo for their files, hoping that Tyler might get some work as a baby model. Everybody had been telling me how gorgeous and photogenic he was, especially with his red hair and bright blue eyes (which are now hazel). So I sent the photo in, and never heard back. I have to admit, I never really thought about it again.

Well the lady who rang today wanted to know if I could send a more up-to-date photo, because they are looking for little boys to be on their next cover!! I said "you do realise he is 2 years old now?" and she just laughed and said "I bet he looks very different to the baby in this photo I am holding!" ... and obviously he does! But she is still keen to see some recent photos so I have just emailed them off to her. I'm thinking perhaps it was a good thing that we cut his hair! I still don't know if they want him or not, but if they do we will be off to a photo shoot next Wednesday! Apparently they choose 5 models for each cover, shoot all of them and choose the best. So even if he goes to the photo shoot, he may not end up on the cover. But he would still be on their files and have a good chance of future work.

I feel quite proud of my little man! Even if he isn't successful, he still got "noticed" and that makes me feel pretty good. He's sick at the moment and pretty miserable, so it is nice to have some happy news where he's concerned :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Awesome news, Hannah! How cool! I sent in Kamryn's photo when she was little too but never a phone call :( Hopefully you will get a call to go in for a shoot! That would be cool! I haven't gotten any updates for your blog since Wednesday and I see there is another one there I didn't know about. I only knew about this one cause you told me in the e-mail lol.

2:41 pm  
Blogger dallas said...

How cool to be on the cover! Fingers crossed you get another call. I hope you don't go too nuts with your whole 38 cents - could be dangerous, lol!
Hope your man is feeling better - Molly certainly looks like she's on the road to wellness again (thankfully!)

2:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol funny how the bank probably spent more money in defending themselves and then sending out letters etc than the whole amount owing to people...don't spend it all at once Hannah. Whooo hooo I hope Tyler gets a call up......how exciting!!

4:54 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is so cool for your boy. Always thought about doing something like that but never did LOL. Love that you are 38c better off :)

9:34 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

LOL you're a rich Lady now Hannah!
Fabulous news about LT. Hasn't life a way to surprise you. Hope you both have a good time at the shoot and good luck!

12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO COOL!! He is pretty darn cute :)

9:32 am  
Blogger Creative Options said...

LOL!!
Yep, we got a refund too....a whole $1-78!!

Great news on the little treasures front,how exciting!

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home