Blairs Boys

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Site counter stats

After reading Angella's post about her stat counter, and requesting for lurkers to come out of hiding and post, I decided to further investigate the stats on my own counter. I must admit, I hardly ever take the time to read my stats, but after today I think I will do it more often! Very interesting indeed!

Just as Angella did, I decided to have a look at the particlar Google searches people have done in order to end up here. These were pretty funny!

Junkyard Jalopy
(my kids love this game!)
Waiwera
(what a great place!)
Sore ears after snorkelling
(interesting …)
Tickly throat lost voice
(okay, I know I've been sick a few times but seriously?)
What boys want Hannah
(this one I found particularly amusing … if not a little disturbing)
Cough medicine that works
(well I'm also on a mission to find one ….)
I love sudoku + blogs
(hey, me too!!)
Wentworth Miller
(now this one really made me smile ;-)


So, following in Angella's footsteps, I am also going to request that all lurkers come out and leave me a comment. I'd love to know who is reading and not posting! Even if you've only read my blog a couple of times. Most of my readers are Kiwis, which makes sense. But I have quite a few Canadian visitors, and I suspect many of them are friends of Angella's or Jenn's. In fact, their sites are common referring links :-)

What really gets me is the number of visits lasting 0 seconds. Am I really that boring?? I have to say, if I stumble across a blog (either via a link on another person's site, or via a Google search), I will generally spend at least a few seconds reading it. But these people obviously click and can immediately tell that I am not worth any more of their time. Why does this depress me so? I guess I thought I was more interesting than that. Perhaps not. We shall see just how many comments I get on this particular post … and perhaps I will make a few new friends in the process!

Bring on the comments!!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well as you know I am not a lurker cos I always leave a comment lol, but waving hello anyway......Interesting how people found you through those posts. Like you though I tend to spend a few minutes reading someones blog before leaving..

4:50 pm  
Blogger Angela said...

Hi Hannah

I'm a bit of a lurker, although I do think I have posted a couple of times, and I definately spend more than 0 seconds when I get here.

I tell you one of the reasons it's hard to comment, is to leave my name properly, rather than annon, I have to sign in using my blogger password, and I can never remember it.

Must be something in the air, I was reading your post below, and I too am very tired!

5:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, a few times i haven't left comments as my system has been sooo slow....But I found your blog when you left a comment on mine....My promise to you is to leave a message for you each time i visit....I thank you for leaving me messages...

7:41 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Hannah, you are far from boring. I love reading your blog and MOST of the time leave a comment. Sometimes if I have a look at your blog and it hasn't been updated then I leave ( as I have read it before ). I hope you find some new friends to blog with. good luck!

9:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never read your blog before but this blog post is coming up on Google Alerts for Wentworth Miller. Thought you'd be interested....bye! If you want lots of hits that seems like the way to go! :D

11:58 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW Hannah, I never really thought to Google myself lol. I try to leave you comments, but things get hectic. Especially with all that is going on right now IE the funeral and Thanksgiving and the Parent's vow renewal. I love Tyler's Haircut.And you published layout is gorgeous. And I cryed when I heard about poor Ethan's bike. Like I said I have been reading but I have been very busy. I hope all is well, and you guys have a great week.

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You KNOW I read you AND leave comments :)

Funny searches!

11:33 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

I too have been checking my site meter for google searches and find them funny!!

I love your blog...and read regularly. But you already knew that :)

6:43 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Hannah I still haven't figured out how to look at the stats on my blog.
I have left a couple of comments before and always enjoy reading your blog :) and love it when you visit mine too :)

10:16 pm  
Blogger Puffin said...

lol i was searchin for wentworth miller and came across this blog..and i love it! good stuff!

WWC
killerqueencroof.blogspot.com

*wentworth is yummy :P*

1:07 am  
Blogger Ilka said...

Hmm, still not quite sure how you got those entries, did you just google your blockname? I'd have never come up with that idea!
Proud to admit >> I am a non lurker on this blog 0.o
*winks* have a good day Hannah!

9:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

You know I'm a lurker that followed you over from BZ. I'm glad we have some things in common besides our kids. Must go check out Wentworth Miller - sounds like he's easy on the eyes ;)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

9:41 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thought I better leave a comment as requested. Just visiting via Ilka's blog.

10:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny to see how people get to your blog isn't it! I'm here because I saw a comment you left on Debbie's blog ... seen you on scrapbook essentials forum too.
Have a great time at U2 this weekend.

1:47 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Ok, I am sooooooooo confused by this entire post! Man, you did this one other time and I was confused as well. So how do you go about finding out stats, how long people have visited and the such??? Reading Angella's blog is a mine field, I'm not sure what post I am looking at so I can follow along. Again the mind boggles, I'm stuck, I just can't figure it out. You can't just put up these fun things and not explain lol!

I am forever leaving comments so I'm not a lurker and proud of it ;)

2:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're pretty interesting Han. You always update your blog so by the time I read it there is lots of new stuff. I love it

8:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Han, you're totally interesting!! Im always reading your blogs, and getting updates on the kids and stuff. But even if you're talking about nothing you're STILL interesting! Thats why when you say i should start a blog i think i shouldnt coz I would be sooooooo boring to listen to!
love ya. Liv xx

1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home