Blairs Boys

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'm in shock ...

Ethan's bike was stolen. From right next to our front door.
We're not entirely sure when it happened, but we noticed today that it was missing.
Ethan doesn't know yet, we haven't told him. I have no idea how to tell him, he is going to be so heartbroken. It was the bike he got for his birthday in May, with a Batman bell on it and everything. We've decided not to tell him until he notices himself. Hopefully that won't be until the next time he wants to go for a ride.
It just sucks that somebody could do this. Stealing from a child is just the lowest. I'm guessing it was another kid who took it, but I can't understand how his/her parents aren't wondering where they got a new bike from!
We have given pictures of it to all our neighbours, and we're going to put some up in the shop down the road. Hopefully somebody will see something and we'll get it back.
I swear, if I see another kid riding MY son's bike, I will be on them, man.

I honestly just feel like crying. My security has been shattered. We've never had anything like this happen to us before, this is a really safe neighbourhood. I know we probably should have had the bike chained up, but it doesn't take away from the awful thing that has happened. I'm totally gutted.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh Hannah, I'm so sorry! That's terrible!
I agree that it's incredibly low to steal from a child.
I wish sometimes that justice was swifter, and that we could witness the bicycle thieves of the world falling flat on their bums and scraping their noses on the pavement - humbly returning their ill gotten gains with heads bowed in shame.
I hope his bike turns up!
btw - I'm looking at these scrolling scrapbook pages on your blog and it just occurred to me that these kids look very familiar....Nice job :)

1:53 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh that is the pits Hannah, hopefully whoever took it might get made to bring it back by their parents? or it could be dumped somewhere?

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah that is sucky. I hope you find it. It's not nice having anything stolen but to be so brazen abaut it. Grrrrrr at horrible people.

7:39 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

OMG! I was completely floored when I read this post!!! MAN! How pathetic! And the thing that creeps me out is that you are down a drive so they would have had to walk down your drive and walk onto your porch! How would they 'know' to do that???? That just freaks me out!!! And I just read that Andrea was burgled too!!! What is going on??? Is it that time of year??? Maybe I won't leave home! I sure hope you get it back or see that rotten kid on it! Poor Ethan! Let's hope he doesn't notice for a while.

8:53 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

OMG! I can't believe it. I really hope you get it back soon Hannah. I read Christi's comment and I can't believe it was stolen and you live down a driveway. Some people are unbelievable. Take Care guys

12:02 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

That really sucks. It reminds me of the time those teenagers stole the flag from the fort that Bruce made for the boys. Sad to say, it could have even been an 'adult' who took the bike to sell on to someone else. Have you done a search on Trademe for it - it might pop up there.... Otherwise, it's a really crummy thing for someone to do to a young kid. I really hope they get their just desserts one day!!

9:35 am  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Oh man....I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

What a totally lousy thing to do!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow you will get Ethan's bike back.

2:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just awful!! I hope you get it back.

2:18 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow. What a cruddy thing to have happen. I can understand how your security is shattered...mine would be too. Poor kid.

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home