Blairs Boys

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My wonderful husband

About 11am today, my phone rang. I hardly ever get phone calls at work, and this one was an internal call so I wasn't expecting much. But it was the receptionist, saying "Rob is here to see you" - woohoo!! I love it when he calls in to see me at work. Which is hardly ever, since he works on the coast and I work on the shore (30 min away). Sometimes he has jobs to do on the shore and he can stop by on the way home. He hasn't done that for ages though. He doesn't do many deliveries anymore because he has to pop in and out of work so often during the day, picking Ethan up from preschool and taking him to Kindy, etc. So he's hardly ever down this way.

Anyway, I walked into the reception area and he was waiting there, with a beautiful bunch of flowers. He said he knew I needed cheering up today, and boy was he right about that! The health issues I wrote about a few weeks ago have been getting me down again. They still haven't been resolved, and I've been in quite a bit of pain over the last 2 days. He knew it was bad today because I had taken one of my extra-strong painkillers this morning (I think I left the packet on the kitchen bench).

What a great guy I have! He cares about me so much. I seriously don't deserve that. Having a visit from him really made my day. Not to mention the flowers, which I don't get too often. There is a serious shortage of vases here at work so right now they are sitting in my big grey recycling bin which is half filled with water!! lol :-)
I just want to say … I SOOO love my man!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That is lovely when they do that, flowers as well . Hi! Have just visiting the blogs that came out of the SE Blog Roll call so am now adding heaps more people in the fav folder!

Michelletw

12:04 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Wow, some of us are lucky! Mine doesn't think of me at random times. Although he did call today and ask if we had a spare $18 for him to get me something. And I said an appliance doesn't count as a gift for me lol. He asked what constituted as an appliance. I said anything that you plug into the wall lol. Mine can barely remember to wipe his own ass so him thinking about anyone else besides breathing is HUGE!!!

OH, man, I was looking here for something about the Movember facial hair your man is sporting!! OMG, Rob would probably feel a bit embarrassed if he knew how obsessed I was ;) or maybe he does know lol.

2:16 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

That's so sweet of him, Hannah! He has definately earned some serious brownie points there ; )
BTW thanks for your post on my blog - it helped to cheer me up and I'm not so gloomy now.

2:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, I just wanted to say, You do deserve flowers. The fact that you don't get them that often makes them twice as special. Hope your health has improved this afternoon. Also you know you can ask for a second opionion.

3:10 pm  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

What a sweetheart you have Hannah!

5:46 pm  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Awwww....go Rob!
How sweet is your man!

Hope you are feeling better this evening?
Maybe you need a Margarita to soothe the pain away (just watch that Christi though, she might drink it if you aren't quick....wink)

And see I do too read your blog....lol!

6:42 pm  
Blogger dallas said...

What a sweetheart! I remember the last time DH brought me flowers (Feb, 2002 - when Molly was born!) and I'm pretty sure they were "special" cos he was a flower courier at the time!! LOL

Hope you are feeling better!

8:24 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

What a darling man. Guess he knows he's so lucky to have you Hannah!
BTW - can anyone tell me why men dont give us flowers more often - I am sure every man must know by now that we love it...
Hope you're feeling better soon!

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home