Blairs Boys

Monday, October 09, 2006

Our weekend

Rob was at Promise Keepers this weekend, so it was just me & the boys. That prospect was great, because I don't get a whole lot of one-on-one time with them. I have every Friday with them, but we usually have jobs/chores to do and I have 4h of work to do at home as well.

The weekend didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped. Both of them were sick with colds (again!) which made Ethan really lethargic and sleepy (but extremely co-operative and obedient, so I can't really complain too much, LOL) and Tyler really grumpy and grizzly. I took the kids round to Mum's on Saturday. We were going to take them up to SheepWorld but Tyler's bad mood put the kybosh on that. So it was just a matter of getting through the day. He cried about almost everything, had tantrums about everything else, and was generally not a happy camper. I think he really missed his Daddy too, which made things worse.
But ... Rob had a really good time. I love it when he goes to PK, he always comes home a better husband (if that is even possible). I kinda wish I was a guy so I could go one year! It sounds great! :-)

On Sunday we enjoyed some family time.
After church we had lunch at Mum & Dad's with Norman, Yolanda, Kurt & Rueben Murray and Donovan, Beryl & Joshua Lewis! They are all South African friends of my parents' and really lovely people. Kurt & Rueben played tirelessly with my boys (bless them!) and sweet baby Joshua slept for most of the afternoon! He's my parents' "adopted" grandson, since Donny & Beryl don't have their parents here in NZ. He's got a little black afro and he's sooooo cute!

Later on in the afternoon Rob took Ethan to watch the North Harbour quarter-final at Albany. It was Ethan's first live rugby game and he really enjoyed himself. Although Harbour got thrashed by Otago which was not quite so cool! And I made sure Rob took photos I can scrapbook the event :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SheepWorld sounds cool!

Hope everyone is better soon :)

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww at the kids not being well. Thats a shame about North harbour being beaten by Otago.

10:38 am  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Hope the boys are feeling better Hannah. My boys are over there sickness, fingers crossed. It's nice to have a weekend with just the kids and no husband. I had one a couple of weeks ago but with 5 boys. Was nice.
Take Care guys

11:16 am  
Blogger Ilka said...

Hope the kids are better soon!
Looking forward to seeing those photos scrapped!

10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home