Blairs Boys

Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday-itis

I really don't feel like being at work today. Hence the blogging.

Last night we were at my parents' place for dinner and I noticed my throat was a bit tickly and my voice was sounding funny. This morning I wake up with NO VOICE whatsoever and my throat is really sore. It feels exactly like the laryngitis I had earlier in the year. GREAT.

My kids are still sick, they have had the same cold for 5 WEEKS. Yep, that's 35 days. They got sick the day I left for Canada and haven't fully recovered. They have improved, but they haven't recovered. I guess I should be grateful that neither of them have ear infections. This is the first year since Ethan was 1 that he hasn't had an ear infection. The doctor told me last winter that he would probably grow out of them and he has. Tyler has grommets now, so he hasn't had any ear infections either. I'm positive that if he didn't have grommets, he would have had several.

I started Weight Watchers again last week. It wasn't a particularly diet-friendly weekend. We had family staying and on Saturday night we went to an engagement party with excellent catering. But hopefully it won't put me back on the "I don't care, I'm not strong enough to do this, I love food too much, I'm happy to be a size 14/16" path. I only have 10kg to lose and I really want to reach my goal and never have to deal with this crap again. Having kids really wrecks havoc on your body, I tell ya!

On a more positive note, I have updated my
Recipe Blog (there is a link on my sidebar for futre reference) and I hope that some/all of you will visit and enjoy some of the recipes. There are some great ones on there and I'm more than happy to share with others since I love trying new recipes myself.

And while I'm trying to think of happy thoughts to make this post end nicely, let me just thank my darling husband and my wonderful brother-in-law for installing a rockin' almost-new CD player in my car! My old one had been dying a slow death for some time, and had gotten to the point where it would no longer play 99% of my CDs. Rob picked up a CD player from a guy at his work for $100 and on Saturday Paul helped him to install it. Did I mention that it ROCKS?

Til next time, ciao.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No CD player would kill me!

Good luck with the WW - I'm sure you'll do great once you're in the swing of it :)

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better soon!

7:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. How are you feeling today? Well done on WW, I need to go back and see them.

5:30 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

Hope you are feeling better today. the kids must have caught that nasty flu, we all here had it lasted about a good 6 weeks. So hopefully they come right soon!

9:16 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Way cool about your new CD player! It's the little luxury's sometimes that make all the difference!
Hope the boys get better soon! Maybe once the warmer weather arrives. What are Grommets btw? Is that the same as what we call Tubes?
I have to tell you that I'm loving that soap you gave me. I use it all the time!

3:11 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Yep Jenn, grommets are tubes :-)
Glad you like the soap!

3:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah how are you feeling?

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home