Blairs Boys

Monday, September 04, 2006

Father's Day

We had such a great Father's Day yesterday!

On Friday I took the kids up to the shops to get a present for Rob, and one for Grandad. We got a mug for Grandad that said "Groovy Grandad" (thanks Mum for telling me about them!) and Ethan chose a Simpsons DVD for Rob. I chose some pyjama shorts to put with the DVD, even though Ethan said he didn't like them.
Ethan made cards during Tyler’s nap. I wrote “Happy Father’s Day” on some paper and Ethan copied it onto the cards. He did so well! He got the "P's" back-to-front on Grandad's one but they were fine on Daddys' one! Then he told me what he wanted me to write inside, and he drew pictures on the front and decorated them with animal and outer space stickers.
We wrapped up the present and I attached a card that said:

The Blair Bistro
Breakfast Menu
(a whole lot of choices and little “tick” boxes next to them)
Please make your selections and give this card to the waiter (Ethan) or chef (Hannah) by 7.45am.

Yesterday Rob and I were woken up at 6.30am by Ethan whispering “Happy Father’s Day”, clutching the present in his hands. Of course Rob loved the card and the present, and he had fun ticking all the breakfast selections (porridge, french toast, bacon, apple juice and coffee) and giving the card to Ethan. Actually, we all ended up having french toast and bacon for breakfast :-)

At church we had a special Father’s Day service which was really fun. Leah & I sang a few songs with Dad, some of the ones we used to sing when we were little. Dad even played an old tape of us singing, when I was about 5 and Leah was about 2. It was pretty embarrassing!
After church we had lunch with Mum, Dad & Leah at "Kaizen" in Orewa. Unfortunately they were really busy and we had to wait quite a long time for our food, but they had colouring in stuff for the kids and that kept them pretty happy. Lunch was great and then we went back to Mum & Dad’s for the afternoon.
I cooked a special Father’s Day dinner last night (French-style Lamb Shanks), but it wasn’t ready in time for the kids to eat with us so they had scrambled eggs. We ate at 7pm, by candlelight, with music playing in the background. SO very different to the usual dinner time routine :-)

Rob, I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day. Like I wrote in your card, I thought you were pretty perfect when I married you, but after watching you become a Father, there are now so many more things to love about you. You’re a great Daddy and it always warms my heart to see how much our beautiful boys adore you. And I do, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Very sweet, Hannah! It sounds like you guys had an awesome day too! Yes, I will get a photo of Kamryn's card. So you will have to get some of Ethans. How did your dad like his surprise?

9:46 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi, Dad loved his surprise!! I had made a voucher saying that he would be going to a LIVE FILMING of NZ IDOL and he looked really puzzled for a few seconds and then said "What?" and I had to confirm that it meant what it said!! LOL :-)

10:20 am  
Blogger Christi said...

LOL, so cool! You'll have to let me know for sure when you are going.

10:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Han!
Sounds like you had a lovely fathers day! and OH MY GOODNESS - are you going with your dad to N.Z idol filming???? How totaly exciting! Whos your favourite? Georgia is sitting on my knee reading your two latest blogs. Shes talking away in her cute babbles.
Liv xx

12:11 pm  
Blogger D said...

Father's Day! Father's Day here is in June. That's a cute card. Adora really amazed me with her writing in her FD card too.

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was my best Fathers day yet, thanks Han for making it so very special.

9:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home