Blairs Boys

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Here I am in LAX

It is 4.30pm here and I have SIX hours to kill before my flight to Toronto. I've paid $3 for this e-mail port and it took me the first 5 min to get here!
Anyway, it was a pretty uneventful flight. Was seated next to 2 French guys and directly across the aisle from the bassinet seats. And 2 babies. I was worried to start with, but they were so good! They slept almost all the way. And Rob, the school kids were really quiet!!

I took my sleeping pill but wasn't impressed with the results. I slept on-and-off for about 7 hours but not much more than 60-90 min at a time. Had to wait forever at the security checks here in LA. Crazy system now, I had not travelled here since 9/11 so things are different. Had to take shoes off!!!
There isn't much to do here in Terminal 2 but now I'm here I'm not leaving!! LONG queues to get back in. There are some food places and a few duty free shops. I'll probably just read my book.
I do miss my boys a LOT but now that the worst part (the long flight) is over, I think I'll be okay. Hope to phone mum soon and maybe talk to Ethan. He was ever so brave yesterday, for the goodbyes. I was so proud!! Anyway, I'll blog again soon, probably after the ball game I am going to with Jenn tomorrow - can't wait!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oops, I should have warned you about the shoe thing. They are pretty big sticklers for that. Glad to hear you landed and are safe and sound in LA. I don't blame you for not leaving the terminal. LAX is too big. Glad to hear Ethan was brave. Enjoy the ball game :)

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad all went well with your flight. Can't wait to talk to you. Boy's have been good Ethan loved your story on tape me too it was good to hear your voice. Love you enjoy the game, go the blue jays?

9:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it went well- hope it goes fast so get back to your boys before you know it :)

6:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home