Blairs Boys

Monday, July 31, 2006

Anti-girls?

About 2 months ago, Ethan adopted an "anti-girls" stance. He stopped talking about Georgia, Amber, Nicole and the other girls at preschool that he used to play with. Playdates with friends who have girls were met with a less than enthusiastic response. He reluctantly invited one girl to his birthday party, and then proceeded to ignore her the entire time.

I decided this was just a stage, and he would eventually grow out of it.

We go to a fairly small church. A lot of the time, our 2 boys and 3 children from one other family are the only kids under the age of 10. The kids in the other family are Aidan (8), Teighan (7) and Catriona (4). In fact, Catriona is just 5 weeks older than Ethan, so they have pretty much grown up together. Over the past 4 years, I can't say they have been particularly close. They aren't really "friends", but they sometimes play together at church because they have nobody else to play with. Lately, Ethan has been hanging around Aidan a bit more, because he is into "cool boy stuff" like cars and dinosaurs and robots. Thankfully, Aidan doesn't seem to mind :-)

Yesterday at church, Ethan was playing with Teighan & Catriona. They had built a "hut" from cushions in the corner of the room, and they were huddled in there like sardines. I figured they were playing hide and seek, so I left them to it. About 45 min later, they came out and Ethan told me that they had been playing "Mums and Dads", and they did lots of kissing and cuddling. Surprised, I asked him how they kissed each other, and he proceeded to grab my face, and kiss me on the lips for a really long time. In fact, he only stopped when I pulled away! Nana said to him: "But I thought you didn't like girls", to which he replied: "I don't! But I like her", and pointed to Teighan!

I'm not sure what this means now. I hope he doesn't start kissing all the girls he knows … somehow I don't think that's very likely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross girls have cooties

1:47 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's funny!! Just wait until he's collecting phone numbers from the cute bank tellers. That's what my 4 year old nephew does.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee :)

9:54 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Oh too cute! I can't say I haven't noticed much anti-boy action from Kamryn. But she doesn't exactly say she likes them either. She did give William a hug and kiss at kindy the other day which I think is sweet. She has told me the last couple of times I've taken her to kindy that she 'only just wants to play with girls, not boys'. I wonder if this is just something that happens at this age??? Cause there wasn't a word of not playing with boys until kindy started. Interesting about the looooooooong kiss ;)

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home