Blairs Boys

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pardon my absence ...

… but I have a very good excuse.
I've been sick as a dog. A really, really sick dog.


First, I got a cold. Not a big deal, nothing I couldn't handle. I carried on as normal, went to church, work etc. Then 3 days later BAM! I was hit with laryngitis and almost lost my voice completely. I had the sore throat from hell and couldn't talk, I had a nasty cough that I couldn't cough out. I had many moments of being almost unable to breathe because my throat was completely blocked. I had 3.5 days off work and 3.5 days in bed. Then I started to feel a bit better (although whenever I talked to people they would comment on how terrible I sounded, which was funny because I actually sounded great compared to 4 days ago, lol) and decided to go back to work on Monday. After I'd been at work for about 1/2 hour, I realised I could not stay. I had a headache when I woke up, but took Panadol and Nurofen thinking it would gradually ease off. But it got worse and the pain was spreading all over my face. I diagnosed myself with sinusitus (sinus infection) and got myself to the doctor. Got my antibiotics and then went back to bed for another 2 days. On the third day, I woke up and thought "I actually don't have any pain in my face today" and ventured back to work. I made it through yesterday in 4-hour blocks. That's because every 4h I took 2 Panadol and 2 Nurofen, and used my Otrivine nasal spray. Last night I cut back to just ONE painkiller, and things are looking up. Finally.

Now I just have to hope that my sinus infection doesn't come back (which they are known to do), because the last thing I want when I fly to Canada in just under 4 weeks' time is a stuffed-up head for my 12h flight to LA, 8h layover and then 5h flight to Toronto! Ugh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

(hugs) Man, I hope that yucky infection doesn't come back for your trip! I also wished I lived closer to Toronto cuz it'd be so neat to meet you :)

Take it easy on yourself...and feel better!

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am whining about a head cold! I hope it clears up entirely, and you are perfectly fine for your trip!

2:58 pm  
Blogger D said...

Feel better soon!

4:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you! Sinus infections are not fun, especially when you have to fly somewhere. Hope you are finally in recovery mode & have a great time in T.O. with Jenn!

Shauna

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

3:53 am  
Blogger Donna said...

A while back you were talking about a rash that you were healed from. Well the first thing I thought of was a friends son had a rash like that and it turned out to be a sinus infection. Now after 2 operations he is doing better. I pray that your sinus infection isn't as bad as his and all is better in a short time.

7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home