Blairs Boys

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My story of healing

This is my story of how God healed me. If you are a believer, I hope you are encouraged and uplifted by it. If you are not a believer, then I hope it prompts you to find out more. God is real and he cares about us all.

A few weeks ago, we went to stay with Rob's dad in Whangarei. The first morning there, I woke up with a whole lot of what looked like mosquito bites on my leg. I had some behind my knee, and some on my lower leg. Over the next few days, I got more "bites" all over me. I had them on my arms, stomach, shoulders, legs, hands, feet. I remember a few of them appearing while I was waiting at A&E to get my foot stitched after the glass door incident. I also remember getting some while watching the rugby at a friend's house.
I knew they were not mosquito bites because it is winter and there are no mosquitos around. I also had no exposed skin since it was so cold! We wondered if there were fleas in the house, but we have no pets, hardly any carpet and nobody else in the family was getting bitten. Also, I had been getting the bites at all kinds of places, not just at home. I washed all my clothes and all the bedding. We cleaned the carpets and got a flea bomb. But I was convinced that it was something else.
I asked the doctor about hives, but she said they didn't look like hives. She prescribed an antihistamine for me anyway. It helped the bites to stop itching so much, but it didn't stop me from getting any more. Eventually I stopped the medication because it was giving me side effects. The bites continued and I was going a bit crazy trying to think of what could be causing them.
Then one night at the Alpha course, we looked at the topic of Healing. On the way home that night, I prayed for God to heal me. I was desperate and I wanted him to show me miraculously that he had taken my affliction away. The next morning, I expected to see all my spots completely gone. But they were still there. I was a little disappointed, but I know that God doesn't always choose to heal people and I accepted that.
But .... ever since the night I prayed for healing (which was over 2 weeks ago), I have not seen any new "bites". And this is after weeks of finding between 5-10 new ones each day. Now almost all the scars from the old bites have faded away.


God healed me. Although it wasn't the dramatic miracle that I asked for, it was a miracle all the same. The doctors had no idea what was wrong with me, I couldn't self-diagnose myself (and I'm usually very good at that, being a medical writer!) and the other measures we had taken around the house had not improved the situation. I needed a divine intervention, and God provided it. The affliction I had was not life-threatening or debilitating, but it bothered me constantly and it was making life pretty miserable. God knew that I was suffering, in my own way. He cared enough about me to answer my prayer. And he did it in such an obvious way that I would have NO DOUBT that it was him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That is a wonderful and uplifting story. God is real and will answer prayers, just not always in the way we wish Him to.

I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

3:22 pm  
Blogger Kiwi said...

hey Hannah... great to read this! Greetıngs from a sweltering istanbul... love kate

11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's ALIVE AND WELL!

Amen!

4:48 pm  
Blogger D said...

Praise God for Alpha healing!
I took my mom to alpha this spring, it was awesome. On the healing day, actually my mom missed that one, I asked for prayer for this weird thing on my feet and legs - a kind of mega burning rash I picked up in Mexico six years ago. It has been there most of the time since. It's gone now and hasn't come back even though we've had record temperatures the last few days.
Thank you God!

11:21 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

That's awesome Hannah! He really does listen and care about the smallest of our needs!

6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home