Blairs Boys

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm going to Canada!

A couple of you already know this, but most of you don't.
I'm going to Toronto in August for a work conference. I'll be attending the International AIDS Conference from 13-18 August but first I am having a few days of annual leave and I'll be staying with
Jenn! I'm starting to get excited now, since I'm actually booking flights and hotels, and organising things.

I'll be away for almost 2 weeks. And boy, is it going to be tough! I can only imagine how much I'm going to miss my boys, but I'm sure I will be kept so busy that I won't have time to mope about it. And I get to ring them everyday.

The whole concept of travelling is exciting, since I haven't been overseas for 5 years. Last time I was in New York visiting my cousin, and then Philadelphia for a Diabetes conference. I've never been to Canada before. Lots of my dad's family live there, but they are in Vancouver and Calgary. I did think about taking a detour first to visit them, but it was going to be too difficult. It is easy for me to have a few days in Toronto first, and since Jenn lives in Ajax which is very close, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet her.
Woohoo! Canada, here I come!


7 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

OMG, I didn't realize it was so close! Two whole weeks!!! Not that we see each other everyday or anything but I am assuming you'll even be too busy to e-mail often like we do now! I'm sure you will have a great time though and how cool that you are going to meet someone you blog with lol. Awesome! Too bad I can't stow away and make a trip to the States lol. I'll miss you :(

1:25 pm  
Blogger Angella said...

Cool! Too bad us Summerlanders are on the West side of Canada!

Toronto's an amazing city - you'll have a blast :)

3:55 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow! How neat to be able to meet Jenn!!!! I'd love to hear all about it! I also read Jenn's blog at least weekly!

Have a great time! Toronto is AWESOME!

I'm sure you'll miss those kiddos. I couldn't imagine leaving for two weeks. 2 1/2 days and I was ready to have the kids back :)

4:47 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

That sounds great Hannah. Make sure you take lots of pictures of you and Jenn. Oh the jealous is kicking in lol. Have a great time.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so excited!! Can't wait for you to get here! Now I'll have to plan some fun stuff for us to do! We can ride the subway downtown and see tonnes of stuff!

6:46 am  
Blogger Lara said...

wow - wonder how many scrap shops you'll be able to find while you are there.

4:36 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

My husband may be going in September. Sounds fun but I'm sure you're going to miss your boys terribly!

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home