Blairs Boys

Monday, May 08, 2006

Our weekend getaway ...

Rob and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a night at the Duxton Hotel in the city. The kids stayed at my parents’ place on Friday night and all day Saturday.
We got to the Duxton at 2.30pm, then we hit the hotel gym and had a swim in the pool, then a soak in the jacuzzi (both outside, but luckily the rain had stopped so we didn’t freeze our butts off). Later on we had free drinks in the bar, then walked down to Aotea Square. We had dinner at The Playhouse, saw a movie, had dessert/coffee & watched the end of the Hurricanes game.
In the morning we slept in until 8.30am (woohoo!) and then walked into town again for breakfast at Stark's. We browsed around Smith & Caugheys and Borders. Then it was off to Victoria Park Market. We got our anniversary present there - a huge copper gecko that hangs on the wall, with a space at the back for a tealight candle. [The traditional 7-year gift is copper or wool and we’ve always given gifts according to the traditional list].


The highlight of my weekend:
On Saturday afternoon Rob organised with our friend Eddie to borrow his motorbike and take me for a ride. I'd never been on a motorbike before but Rob used to own one “back in the day”. Anyway, it was unreal. We had so much fun and now I want him to buy another bike! And new helmets. Rob likes his helmet but his spare one doesn’t fit me properly – it was too tight across my forehead. It also had no visor, so by the time we got back from our ride I had a headache, chapped lips and a runny nose! But I loved it anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!
Congrats on the 7 years :)

3:15 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Hannah. I don't know if you remember me or not (I used to be JennABZ at babyzone), but I wanted to say congrats on your 7 years of marriage. I am glad you and Rob had a great time for anniversary.

6:56 am  
Blogger Angella said...

I owned a bike before we got married - it IS fun! And we want to get a pair...gotta stop having babies!

Sounds like a great weekend! Happy Anniversary again!

12:55 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Jenn Anderson!! Oh my goodness! It has been so long since I heard from you. How are you? How are Alexis and James? Drop me an email (hannah dot blair at adis dot co dot nz) and we'll catch up!

11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Han!
I know it was over a weeks ago, but "Happy anniversary!" Sounds like you had the most wonderful time! It must've been neat doing something together that you had never done! (the bike ride)... like one of the dates you would go on when you were dating or something... know wot i mean?
Anyway, i hope you got my message thanking you for your birthday prezzie - if not - thank you so much! I loved it!

3:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get another bike? Really? I'm so glad you liked it it's something I've wanted to do with you since ages ago (more than 7 years I guess!) When we can afford a bike I promise I'll get you a new helmet. I had agreat time too. Love you.

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home