Blairs Boys

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Gingerbread People

I was thinking this morning how scrapbooking and blogging are so intricately linked. Confused? Well, often I blog about things that I intend to scrapbook, and today I scrapped a page that I am now going to blog about.
I would have blogged about this earlier, but it happened almost six months ago. Therefore, I can't blog about it in the usual way. So instead I'm posting a picture of the layout I did this morning. I was actually pretty chuffed with how it turned out. And pleased that I finally got to use some of my
Die Cuts With a View Retro paper that I've been hoarding for ages :-)

Enjoy.




The journalling reads:

Ethan, you had been asking me to help you make "gingerbread mans" for months. I think it was a result of watching "Shrek 2" so many times! I guess you figured if an Ogre and a Donkey could help make a Giant Gingerbread Man, then the least I could do was help you make some not-so-giant ones! You were pretty excited when the day came. We made gingerbread men and gingerbread ladies, and then decorated them appropriately. One poor guy lost his life down the waste disposal unit, but it was for the best, as he had been cut a bit thinly and got a good roasting in the oven. You were pretty distraught about losing a man, but these things are part of life, buddy. The others lived to tell the story. Until we ate them, of course.

I only wish I'd taken a photo of YOU to put with these ones. A photo of you covered with flour and icing, a photo of you stealing "just one" chocolate chip, a photo of you watching them cook in the oven. Oh well. These pictures will always remind me (and you) of the fun we had together, making your first "gingerbread people".

4 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

OMG, Hannah! It's awesome! Ok, I haven't even finished your post well the journaling bit but am so excited to see this!!!! Is your bug back??? Do you feel you need to scrapbook now??? I almost called and invited you down to the store last night but didn't know how rude you thought it would be. We have Primas in! This is an awesome layout and I LOVE the journaling and how much there is! Gotta love that retro paper! I've used a few pieces of it. It works great here, just loving it. I feel an entry for next month's comp coming on lol. Ok, going back to read the journaling!

7:08 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi ... yes, I think my bug is back! I did this LO today and now (7.30pm) I don't want to watch TV, I just want to scrap!! I will definitely enter it in next months' competition, if you think it is good enough. Thanks SO MUCH for your encouraging words, they mean a lot coming from one as talented as you!! *blushing*
Let me know what you think of the journalling - the first time I've done any for ages.

Oh, and I'd love to come to a crop night sometime - so don't hesitate to call me! I may be busy, but if I'm not I would like to come along :-)

7:47 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

I read the journaling and it soooooo great! I really felt like I was there and the emotion behind it was there. I could *feel* it. And I even chuckled a few times too! It's great when your journaling can be fun and make a person smile and I totally smiled the whole time I wsa reading and when I first seen the layout! Fabulous! Thanks for the compliments too ;)

8:50 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

GREAT Journaling! And honestly I love the pictures of the gingerbread men...I always take pics of the boys, but need to think about the other subjects more!

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home