Blairs Boys

Monday, April 10, 2006

Meeting Christi!

Those of you who read Christi's blog will know that we met for the first time on Saturday. This is despite us living only a few minutes walk from each other!

We did have a really nice afternoon. I felt really comfortable with her (and Hugh as well). And her girls are just gorgeous! Kamryn is such a cutie and she has a lovely accent - like 1/2 Kiwi and 1/2 American, I love it! Lauryn is such a smiley girl. She slept for most of the time I was there until I asked what time she usually woke up and Christi realised it was 4pm and went to get her out of bed. Man, I WISH Tyler would sleep that long - even just once a week, LOL!

Okay, since Christi gave her first impressions of me, here are my first impressions of her:
* She looks really young! Honestly, I don't know why people think she is in her 30's. I thought she looked younger than me.
* She's got a cool accent. I love American accents!
* She has a really great laugh.
* She is outgoing.
* She is not shy to say what she thinks.
* She has a kick-ass scrapbooking area!!

Like Christi wrote on her blog, we had a pretty productive afternoon with our scrapbooking. I got to use my new Basic Grey paper and was happy with the layout I did. I thought it was really nice that Hugh sat at the table with us while we worked, chatting with us. He was looking after the kids too, but it was cool that he seemed interested in what we were doing and talking about.

Anyway, I had a really nice time and it was great to finally meet in person.
Thanks Christi, for a great afternoon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Do I really still have that much of an accent? LOL, no really I can't even notice a mix on Kamryn. With certain words I can but most of the time I can't. But then again I can't even pick out another American in public but Hugh can!

I just hope I didn't say anything too 'openly'. I try to watch it ;) Again that doesn't always work.

11:32 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

It cracks me up to hear you talk about loving the "American accent" Over here, we all love the down under accents...I fell in love with a guy almost simply because of his accent :)

11:36 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi - yes, you do still have an accent! I'm sure it is not as strong as it once was, but I can definitely hear it!

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home