Blairs Boys

Sunday, April 09, 2006

My "other" birthday present

My birthday present to myself, that is.

Yes, I got a tattoo. It is on my left shoulder.

For those who are interested, the flowers are the boys' birth flowers. Ethan's is Lily of the Valley, which is the May birth flower. Tyler's is Morning Glory, the September birth flower. I really wanted to get something that had significance & meaning, and the flowers were perfect.

I really love how it turned out! It is quite a bit smaller than the sketch I gave him, but he did such a good job with the detail! And I love the colours. I never knew you could have any colour you wanted. Like white. He did such a good job with the shading, especially on the Morning Glory flower (the purple one).

It actually didn't hurt that much. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, but at the same time I knew it wouldn't be as bad as I expected, after talking to Christi & Heidi. They both said the colouring in part would hurt the most, and it did. But it was certainly not unbearable.

Now I'm curious - let me know what you think!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

You know I love it!!! And now I can stare at it and look it over without it being weird lol!!! I couldn't stop talking to Hugh about it after you left yesterday! I'm soooooo ready for my snail.

8:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW!! Hannah its awesome! I would never have picked you to get a tattoo!! You're such a rebel! :)
It looks great. Love the idea of the birth flowers.

8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the flowers - and the colors too! Sometimes presents to ourselves are the best kind ;)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

2:12 am  
Blogger Angella said...

What a cute idea! I've never thought I'd think about a tattoo, but you're making me ponder :)

3:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so cool! I love it. I'm glad you took the time to figure out exactly what you wanted. If you don't think it through, i imagine you could end up regretting it when you turn 40 or 50!

3:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You daring thing you!!
Good on you. I keep saying I want one – but I too only want to have one that has meaning.
I am sure it will come to me one day!

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home