Blairs Boys

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Okay, I'm hooked!

I, along with most of the world's population (so it seems), jumped on the Sudoku bandwagon last year. I quickly became addicted and actually posted on my blog about how much I loved it.
However, a few months ago the novelty began to wear off. The puzzles became too easy (yes, even the difficult ones) and I simply wasn't being "challenged" anymore.

Then I discovered Kakuro. And I'm completely hooked.

Kakuro has been described as the bigger (and harder) brother of Sudoku.
A Kakuro consists of a playing area of filled and empty cells similar to a crossword puzzle. Some black cells contain a diagonal slash from top left to bottom right with numbers in them, called “the clues”. A number in the top right corner relates to an “across” clue and one in the bottom left a “down” clue. The object of a Kakuro is to insert digits from 1-9 into the white cells to total the clue associated with it. However no digit can be duplicated in an entry. For example the total 6 you could have 1 & 5, 2 & 4 but not 3 & 3. Sound simple? Not always!


Check it out for yourselves ... but don't blame me when you become addicted and start to ignore all your housework (as I've been doing).
http://www.kakuro.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like way too much maths for me!

1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home