Blairs Boys

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Way to melt a mummy's heart

I always meant to post this, but I completely forgot about it until the other day when I was cleaning out my bag. I found a scrap of paper I had used to document this little conversation with Ethan, with the thought of using it for a scrapbooking layout.

Ethan & I were driving in the car one day, just the two of us.


E: Why do we have heads?
Me: So we can use our eyes, ears, nose and mouth. God made us that way.
E: God gave us …
eyes so we can see fishes …
ears so we can listen …
mouths so we can …. um, talk …
feet so we can stand up …
knees so we can … why do we have knees? …
hands so we can touch things …
arms so we can hold things …
… and God made flowers so we can choose them for somebody!

I just love the way his little mind works!! It was so lovely to hear the first thing he thought of for each of those things. Probably not the first thing I would have thought of – but that is what made it so special.

I thought the last line was especially neat, it just melted my heart.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Ahhhh, Hannah *sniff sniff*. Kamryn has NEVER come out with things like that. We mostly get why questions when we have told her to do something. How creatively and openly he thinks! Definitely have to scrapbook that! GORGEOUS!

7:02 pm  
Blogger Angella said...

What an insightful little sweetheart!

8:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Ethan! He is so very special

11:45 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

He is a darling!
God gave us children so we could laugh, cry, and experience every range of emotion possible. Also so we could lose sleep, worry and kiss boo-boos better, and have our hearts melted too! :)
I love how Ethan's mind works too! He's pretty special

1:31 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is a very special conversation that you had with Ethan! And good for you for noting it all!

6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home