Blairs Boys

Friday, May 19, 2006

My boy is really growing up!

Ethan has just left with my sister-in-law Sarah on his first solo playdate ... as in I am not there with him. Granted, it is a playdate with his cousin, but it is still a big deal for him. He's quite a shy child at times.
Sarah emailed me the other day and asked if Ethan wanted to hang out with Jet (who is 4 months older than Ethan) today, so I could have some one-on-one time with Tyler. I asked Ethan and he said YES! ... then no ... then yes again :-) He wasn't sure about me not being there, but I assured him he would have fun and that Auntie Sarah would look after him. He said "but what if she doesn't like me?" LOL! Where does he get these ideas from?
Anyway, Sarah came and picked him up an hour ago. Jet was waiting in the car with a "special treat" (Rolo chocolates) and was so excited about giving Ethan his! I know they'll have a great time playing together. Sarah & Greg have a new puppy, chickens to feed, a trampoline, etc. All things that we don't have, and Ethan loves :-)
I just can't help thinking Ethan has met another milestone today, as small as it may seem to others. And I'm proud of him!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I think that is huge. And you should be proud. I hope he had a wonderful time. Alexis hasn't done that yet, but I am sure I won't like it when it happens. lol I hope Mummy and Tyler has some good fun too :)

3:36 am  
Blogger Angella said...

Sweet boy! Graham's the opposite. He aways asks to go see his friends (Ben mostly), and if I ever leave him, he just waves and says "Bye, Mommy!"

I'm sure Ethan had a blast! We have chickens and the kids spend HOURS in there :)

1:03 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awe! Zachary has fears about people not liking him too :( Poor kiddos!

I'm sure Ethan will have a WONDERFUL time!!!! And gives you some alone tiem with Tyler too :)

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home