Blairs Boys

Monday, May 29, 2006

Ethan's Spiderman Party

Ethan had a great day on his birthday. He woke up really excited, and got to open his presents from Tyler and us. We didn't wrap his present from us - a big boy bike! He loved it, especially the batman bell I found at the Warehouse for $4!! :-)

The actual party wasn't until 2pm which gave me heaps of time to make and decorate the cake. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. When Ethan saw the finished product on the bench, he just looked at me and said "I can NOT believe it!" .... so I guess he was impressed!
Mum and Leah came over before the party started and Ethan opened his presents from them. Mum got him a Spiderman costume (along with a HUGE bag of other goodies), so of course he wanted to put it on and wear it for the party.

I can't believe how much Spiderman paraphenalia that boy now owns. He had a whole lot already, but now he has even more! I could open a Spiderman museum one day!

The party itself was a great success. 7 boys (Ethan & Tyler, cousins Eli & Jet, and 3 of his friends from preschool), and one girl. Poor Emily! But I think she had a good time despite the boy overload! We had party games, which was a first for me. I didn't bother with them last year since the party was at an indoor playground. But this year we had Pass the Parcel, Musical Statues, Duck Duck Goose and a game I made up called Match the Pairs. Once the kids were completely worn out, we had the party food and then cake & icecream.

**The photos will have to be in a separate post because Blogger is giving me grief and won't let me upload them all. Grrr.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A FUN PARTY!

9:33 am  
Blogger Christi said...

You did an AWESOME job on that cake! Did you have a guide or just go by gut? I think I would have had a hard time. I haven't even made a theme cake for my girls, if ya can't stick it on then I don't reckon I coud do it! It looks like he had a great time! And did you have cake WITH ice cream or just as an alternative? When I have it at our birthdays people say 'only Americans have cake and ice cream' lol.

9:39 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi - we had cake AND icecream! LOL.
I've got 2 really great books with kids birthday cake ideas, would you like to borrow them? The instructions are great and you have a list of what you need to buy, so its easy! I made Tyler's teddy bear cake using one of the books last year.

12:53 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Yes, it would be awesome to borrow your book if I can? Sorry, I only just seen this tonight. It's not been a good few days for me and beat emotionally so haven't been around much ;) I did see you on your way home tonight. I was at the lights by the bank by the plaza (ya know where the bus stops are?) waiting to turn onto Whangaparaoa Road and seen you drive by. I honked. It was 5:20 lol. At least I believe it was you, sure looked like you and if it wasn't you then you have a twin ;)

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home