Blairs Boys

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I won a scrapbooking contest!

Well, I'm still a bit shocked, but had to share this news with you all.
Christi and I both belong to Scrapbook Essentials, a new online scrapbooking store with a gallery and forum. They have a monthly layout contest. Christi won the first month (March) and I just found out that my Gingerbread People layout is the winning layout for May!

Click here to see my layout and my name published - woohoo!!
http://www.scrapbookessentials.co.nz/layout_contest.html
My prize? A $20 voucher to spend in the store :-) Yay!

I'm so happy! This probably seems like no big deal, but for me it is huge. I never win things, and I've never had any of my layouts published (despite submitting on a regular basis). I know this is not the same as being published in a magazine, but for me it is the first step on my journey.

8 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Woohoo! Definitely, it's only the beginning! And you soooooooooo deserved it!

So are ya going to be able to make it to crop this week with that foot?

10:45 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

I think it is a HUGE deal! It's a super cute layout too!

Congratulations Hannah!

11:43 am  
Blogger Angella said...

Congratulations!!!

3:35 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is great Hannah. That gingerbread page looked awesome, you deserved to win.

I didn't get a chance to comment on your previous blog, but I hope your foot is feeling better. Did you go back to work? ;)

3:53 am  
Blogger Lara said...

It was a great LO - well done!

4:34 pm  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Yay Hannah!! Your excitement is contageous...you've got me smiling :o)

5:09 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats! A lovely layout too! I think you and Christi are very talented. I only wish I had the time and space to really get stuck in again. I'm still very much a novice but someday....well I'll probably still be a novice.

10:27 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

It looks GREAT Hannah - you should be very proud of yourself. mmmmm now I want Gingerbread cookies. That's something we only get at Christmas LOL!

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home