Blairs Boys

Monday, July 17, 2006

Loving the LOVE between my boys

Granted, brotherly love doesn't always feature highly around here, but when it does it just makes my day.

After dinner, Tyler will often run off to the playroom. Which is down the other end of the hallway from the kitchen. He doesn't like going down there in the dark. He will stand about halfway down the hallway and call out "Ethan? Sunny?" which means he wants Ethan to come and turn the light on for him!! He can't actually say "Ethan", instead he says "Eh-Uh" (gee, it is hard to write in toddlerspeech!) ... which, conicidentally, is exactly the same way Ethan said his own name for quite a while!

Saturday morning, Tyler had woken up first and I went and got him out of his cot and took him back to bed with us. We usually do that at the weekend. Tyler's room is upstairs, right next to ours. Ethan's room is downstairs, but he just gets out of bed himself when he hears Tyler and comes up the stairs to get into our bed too. Anyway, on Saturday when Ethan came up, he saw Tyler's blankie, so he decided to go back downstairs to get his blankie. Well, Tyler wanted to go with him. We still don't let Tyler navigate the stairs on his own. He is fine going up, but coming down is a bit trickier since we don't yet have a handrail! So Tyler always walks down the stairs holding Rob's or my hand. Ethan said "I'll hold your hand, Tyler" and so off they went. I heard them both get to the bottom and then run into Ethan's room. I said to Rob, "This is the first time they've both been downstairs while we're still in bed" .... it was a strange feeling! We could hear them chattering away to each other and Ethan's little helpful comments: "Here, Tyler. I'll help you with that", "Tyler, Tyler, hold my hand" and "C'mon Tyler, I'll help you" ...

Of course, that second story is rather well balanced by what happened the previous Saturday morning. When Ethan came up the stairs and into our room, Tyler (who was already lying in bed between Rob and I) sits up, points his finger at Ethan and says "NO, Ethan!"

Like I said, I'm loving the LOVE!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a couple of sweeties!

7:56 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Hehehe, what great stories! I find Lauryn is repeating things that we say to Kamryn. Last night she said 'sit down, Kamryn' and the other day she said 'go' pointing to Kamryn's room lol. Makes me laugh. Lauryn is a good one for kisses and often asks Kamryn for kisses (ok, we as the parents don't receive so many) but Kamryn will say 'no, Lauryn, sorry, not right now'. Which kinda breaks my heart. But yeah, I'm with ya, I can feel it somedays and some days they just need neutral corners lol.

9:40 am  
Blogger D said...

Awwwww. When siblings share the love like that, it is one of the most precious feelings to a mommy or a daddy isn't it?

11:47 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Mum - that is so sweet!!
I love how Tyler says "OK" like that :-)

9:38 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL! I love that brotherly love too. I see it with my boys all the time...but like you said definitely evened out with the not so love :)

Lucas still can't say Zachary so all he calls him is "brotha" It's so cute!

So I hear a lot of "no brotha!! Momma!"

5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home