Blairs Boys

Friday, July 28, 2006

Attitude, teeth and tummy bugs

First, the attitude.
Ethan has one. And I'm not a fan.
It really only started over the past week or so. Like, after his vaccinations. Can I get away with blaming everything on them? Anyway, he's been back-chatting and arguing, refusing to do what he is told, and generally complaining about almost everything. Nice.
I really need to nip it in the bud now, before it becomes a habit. Wish me luck.

Second, the teeth.
Tyler is getting some. His 2-year molars.
Actually, he's been pretty good about it. Sometimes he gets grumpy but I just rub some Bonjela on his gums and it seems to help. Boy, I'll be glad when these teeth have finished coming though. It will be the end of teething for our family! Okay, I know they get 4 more teeth when they are older, but I figure it won't be much of an issue.

Third, the tummy bug.
Rob has had one. A nasty one.
Thankfully it only lasted for a day. And most of it was during the night. Now although that equaled less sleep for both him and I, it also meant the kids were in bed and safely away from the germs. I actually enjoyed the opportunity to be the nurse. He spent so much time looking after me when I was sick, and doing everything for the kids. So it felt good to return the favour :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the attitude. Graham skipped the terrible 2's, but the terrible 3's sometimes come up. Not as bad as I've seen in other kids, but we've been nipping it too :)

1:59 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ah-ha. The back-talking and attitude. The threes were the WORSE! However, the fours have not been a cake walk because now they want independence and have formed opinions on things!!! Why oh why did I teach them to talk and have minds of their own in the first place?

2:22 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

The phases kids go through....I remember my kids getting the 'tudes. My 14 yr old didn't hit the terrible two's until he was 4. What a shocker that was, lol. Good luck with that. They don't realize it but they want boundaries and feel safe when they have them. Nipping it is always a good thing. They just need a little help in learning how to better express themselves. (don't we all, lol)

9:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Han you were a great nurse!

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home