Blairs Boys

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Weight loss

I'm just over 2 weeks into my renewed weight loss efforts, and I'm so happy because I've already lost 1.5kg (almost 3 1/2 pounds)! Today I got some new clothes and I was happy to find that a couple of things I tried on were too big and I had to get the smaller size :-)

I can only hope that by Christmas, I will be able to wear my dream dress. The size 12 one that I got in Melbourne 6 years ago and that I wore on Christmas Day 2000. The one that fits me now but doesn't look good. I hope that it will fit properly this year, because I really want to wear it again. That's my goal, and I'm determined to try my best to get there.
I'm determined that this summer I will be more comfortable and less intimidated about wearing summer clothing. I won't ever wear a bikini again because I have stretch marks for Africa (thanks to my lovely children). But at least I'll feel happier in myself, and that's the main thing.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!

Eating well always helps you feel better (as does the weight loss)

:)

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who hooo go Hannah!!! What a great goal you have there!!

6:54 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Well done, Hannah! It's always hard doing the weight loss thing... but having such a positive start can only be more motivating for you, AND one day you'll fit that dress no problem ; )
I think I'll be into doing weight watchers again once my third baby is born and has almost weaned himself/herself. Funnily enough, I found that doing the lactation plan was brilliant because I could still eat so many points and yet still lose weight.

8:14 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Congrats on your weight loss Hannah!! That is great. I have all the faith in you that you will lose what want to for that dress to look great by Christmas.

As for soccer, here we start at 4. Alexis missed the first season because her birthday is at the end of May. Now she is so thrilled with it, but she's at the age too where she has to make decisions, because next year, she can do cheerleading for the PeeWee Football games, and those practices conflict with Fall Soccer. I can't believe she'll be at an age to have to pick and choose what sports she wants to participate in.

I promise I have been reading your blogs, but rarely do I have much time to actually sit and put two sentences together with all the running we are doing, plus 2 active children that scream for Mommy when I even think to sit to read or respond to blogs. Glad things seem to be turning around. Hopefully with the warm weather coming, all the colds will go away for awhile.

1:41 am  
Blogger Ilka said...

WTG Hannah!Sounds like you are well on the way to achieve your goal.Naturally we expect to see a photo of you in that dress at christmas time!

7:27 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Woohoo! Go, Hannah! How impressive! You should have told me on the phone this morning! That is amazing! You have to be completely overjoyed! Yes, we have to see a photo of you in this dress!

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the W/L Hannah! I also have my own fair share of stretch marks, but I managed to find a really great 2 piece bathing suit last year that hides them prefectly (think it's called a tankini here in Canada). I'm sure you'll be fitting into that dress real soon - willpower is a real challenge for those who lack it(like me, for instance!)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

8:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Hannah! I just caught up with your August post on BZ. I think I was last there around about April (oops!) so didn't post on the board as I think I'm well out of the loop now. Good to hear all is well with you and your family. :-) - Rach

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home