Blairs Boys

Sunday, September 24, 2006

My baby is 2 today!

Wow. I can't believe that my baby is 2 years old today! The time has gone by so quickly. He's not a baby anymore, and hardly even a toddler, but a preschooler!

It is his actual birthday today (Sept 24) but we pretended it was yesterday since that was the day of his party. He was so excited to open his presents from Ethan and Mummy & Daddy. He looked so proud sitting in his chair in his PJs, and he was genuinely delighted with each and every gift. When he opened one, he would say "wow" and then smile the biggest smile ever.
We had his party at my parents' place, and it was lots of fun. We just invited family and close family friends. Tyler had a blast, and when we all sang Happy Birthday to him, he was so proud and happy! He was grinning from ear to ear, and then joined in the "hip hip hooray" at the end :-) You can see from the photos just how happy and excited he was.

The party had a Buzz Lightyear theme (the child is obsessed) with a rocket cake and green & purple balloons. And of course he received a lot of Buzz paraphenalia, as well as heaps of books, art supplies, clothes and other cool stuff. I guess his best present was a new Buzz figurine from Nana & Grandad, to replace the old one with no hands, one wing and a broken propeller. The new Buzz is half soft/half plastic, which makes it much more practical for taking to bed :-) He doesn't, however, have a helmet. Tyler was a little unnerved by that in the beginning, as his favourite thing to do with the old Buzz was to make sure that Buzz had his "helmet down" at all times! But now he seems unbothered by the lack of helmet :-)

Yesterday was a wonderful day, and even though it wasn't his real birthday, I felt quite emotional about it. It did feel strange waking up this morning and not giving him a present or singing Happy Birthday to him. But hey, he's 2! And it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

I'm so proud of my baby, because he is really growing up. He's talking in huge long sentences now (5+ words) and is becoming much more of a playmate for Ethan. They enjoy the same things now, and Ethan particularly loves to teach Tyler how to say difficult words.
Tyler still has a temper at times, and he can squeal and scream better than any girl, but he's the cutest little guy ever and we love him to bits. Happy Birthday, bubby. I love you!! Mummy xox




10 Comments:

Blogger tanyaleigh said...

How Cute! I was smiling while reading. It's so nice when you have to same sex children as they can play together with the same interests. My older boys are 2.5 years apart and just love it as Jarrod helps Leigh out with alot. It's great, they are best of friends. Looks like you had a fun day with Tyler's party. He looks so happy with his Dad and his cake.

11:15 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!! What a big man you have there. I am feeling your pain with the growing up. It doesn't seem like he's old enough to be 2. Wasn't it yesterday when you annouced "I'm Pregnant!"?
Sounds like Tyler had a wonderful day. I understand the no present thing on his birthday. I felt so guilty. That's why when their birthdays are on a weekday we celebrate on their day, and then have a party, or we celebrate with all of family on whatever day of the weekend it falls on. Our family is pretty small though, so it works out well.
The pictures are just precious.

3:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww hannah that was lovely to read. He looks so happy in thoe photos. That cake looks great. Sounds like a perfect day. The boys do looks so cute together.

6:35 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Ahhhh, Hannah, I'll be feeling the same in less than 2 months time! What a lovely birthday and it's awesome that he had such a great time! What a gorgeous photo of both Ethan and Tyler! I can't get mine to look at the camera at the same time lol. What a yummy looking cake too! Did the cupcake cones work? I'm thinking maybe not since you didn't mention them. Sorry :(

10:12 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, Christi - yes, the cupcake cones worked great!! Silly me, I forgot to take a picture of them :-( And they were all gone within a few minutes, LOL! I made them for the kids but I noticed a few of the adults were getting stuck into them too!

**NB** Christi gave me the awesome idea of making cupcakes in icecream cones with the flat bottoms. They were such a hit! I'll be doing them for all the birthday parties, I'm sure!

10:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO cute!!! Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

2:23 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Tyler. He is such a doll. I love his curly long hair, and funny we had those exact same candles on our cake!
Well, you know we are a buzz obsessed household too - I bet he LOVES his new buzz.
Love the picture of both boys together - beautiful!
jenn

3:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Tyler! I saw your post on BZ just now - I haven't looked in on the birthday boards for ages.

Theresa (aussiewoman)

10:07 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy belated Birthday Tyler!! :)

What is it with 2 year olds and Buzz Lightyear??

11:55 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Lisa - don't ask me!! LOL

Our boys sound SO similar in lots of ways, I'm sure they'd play wonderfully together!

11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home