Blairs Boys

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Health update

Well, I finally have an update on our health issues I posted about last week.

I had my scan on Thursday as well as some blood tests. The results came back yesterday and everything is completely normal. Which is a relief, but still doesn't explain why I've been having the symptoms I've been having!! So the doctor has proposed a "watch and wait" approach, and hopefully the problem will just sort itself out. Oh, and she has given me some medication which should help. I'm happy about that, but don't want to be taking it unless I have to. We'll see what happens from here.

Rob took Tyler to the doctor yesterday to ask about his cough and the possibility of it being asthma. She listened to his chest and said it sounded really really good. She's confident it isn't asthma, just a cold that has lasted for 2 months! Well, it had gone away a couple of weeks ago, and then he picked up another cold.
Oh, and one of his grommets (tubes) is falling out. Great!! I wasn't too happy to hear that, but there's no point worrying too much at this point. We're hoping that now he is a bit older, he won't be prone to ear infections anymore and even if the grommets fall out, he won't get any more infections. Fingers crossed about that one!!

So ... thank you to all who posted their comments and sent prayers or healthy vibes our way. It was much appreciated, and as you can see we've both ended up with a pretty good outcome. Thanks Lord!

6 Comments:

Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Sometimes I like the doc to say there is something wrong so you can explain the symptoms. You have to be having the symptoms for a reason, right!
Just glad to see you are all doing ok. Take care Hannah

1:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well at least you have an explanation and lets hope that things resolve themselves......I didn't realise grommets came out of thier own accord?

4:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good!!

:)

4:53 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great News Hannah & Tyler! Hugs!!!

8:13 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

Glad to hear that you're all doing well! Sending some more good energies!

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear that nothing too serious is going on!

I'm also glad that you had a good experience with Air Canada! We're using them to travel between Vancouver and LA. It's only a 3 hour flight so it should be all good! From LA to Auckland, we're flying with Air NZ! I've heard that they are excellent!

I'm SO excited!

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home