Blairs Boys

Friday, October 13, 2006

Back from the doctor ...

... and it all went well. So far. I guess the real test will be to see if I stay not pregnant.

The procedure itself actually looked pretty easy. I'm sure I could have done it myself. Didn't look any more complex than dissecting a rat, or a grasshopper, or any of the other things I had to cut open at University.

Rob had Dr Pritchard aka Dr Funny Guy as his surgeon. During the preop consult, he said "now, you won't be able to do the dishes for a few weeks, I don't want you standing at the bench for long periods of time" ... and he said it with such a serious look on his face, it took me a few seconds to realise he was joking!!
Then he wrote us a prescription for condoms since we have to wait for a test at 4 months before we are "safe". He asked "so how many do you want? 120?"
Hilarious.

But the funniest thing happened when we were leaving. I stopped at reception to settle the account, and Rob saw some old friends of ours sitting in the waiting area. I figured they were here to see one of the on-call emergency doctors. But Rob sat down and said "you're not here for a ... you're not here to see ..." and our friends said "Dr Pritchard?!" which led to lots of laughing. Then they called our friend's name, at which point he looked positively white! I gave him the thumbs-up and he smiled, but I could tell he was terrified! SO funny.

So ... no more babies for us. But that's okay. When you've got these 2 little guys, how could you want anything more:


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome guy! I have that exact same procedure in mind for Bruce once we're 100% sure we're done with having kids. I think it's less complicated for men to do than for women to do. Not only that, women are normally on the pill for years, remembering to take it each and every day, and it's great when guys take the initiative and take that burden off the women. That's my two cents worth, anyhow!

7:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww those two boys are so cute. I am referring to the photos of your sons lol. I am pleased it all went well. Funny who you meet at the hospital.....I love the dr's humour lol......

7:45 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

Glad all went smoothly Hannah! Had to chuckle about the doctor and meeting the friend. Great how life sometimes gives you these little breaks to 'help you along'.

10:47 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Hehehe, where did Rob have this done??? Funny you meeting friends there! And if at any time you change your mind it can always be reversed ;) And yes, I too have this in mind when we are done as well. Hugh can have the responsibility for once lol.

11:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope he's not too uncomfortable :)

And you have 2 BEAUTIFUL boys - lots to be thankful for!!

12:17 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi - it was done at Coast Care in Red Beach.
And no, the doctor made it pretty clear that you can't just get a reversal. There is no guarantee a reversal would bring a return of fertility. So he said "consider this a permanent form of sterilisation".

12:46 pm  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Hope Rob is feeling a lot more comfortable now?

Your boys are adorable!!!

1:10 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is sooo funny about seeing your friends. I love your attitude about Dr. Funny Guy! LOL!!

Your boys are absolute dolls!!!

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home