Blairs Boys

Friday, October 27, 2006

Scrapbooking






So I'm sure everybody who reads this knows that I love scrapbooking.
Many of you are fellow scrapbookers (but not all) and I have to say I am really enjoying getting to know lots of other awesome girls who share my passion for this art.
Lately there has been a lot of talk on the forums and blogs about Design Teams. Lots of people applying and rushing around getting their entries in. And then there is me. I didn't apply for Meg's DT at SE, and I didn't even know about Lisa's one until Christi told me about it. My reason for not entering was that I don't have enough time to complete the requirements. Usually 2 layouts/month and active participation on the forum, etc. I guess most of the time I DO complete 2 layouts/month (often more) but I'm not sure I would be able to do that consistently. I would feel bad if I couldn't keep up.
But there is also a part of me that has been thinking my work is not really good enough for a DT. I've only been scrapping for about 18 months and I know I've improved HEAPS during that time. I'm hoping that I will continue to get better so hopefully next year I will have more chance of getting on a DT, not to mention more time to devote to the job. Christi has been really encouraging, telling me that my stuff IS good enough and that I should seriously think about it for next year. She has given me a confidence boost which is really great.
Next month I will have my work published in Up2Scrap for the first time, which is really exciting for me. I've been submitting layouts to them for a year and I was thinking of giving up. But I kept on trying and voila! Success! I can't share that particular layout here but soon it will be in the mag and I will be able to share it.
I thought I would share a few of my recent layouts. I realised I haven't posted any one my blog for a long time, so here they are!

12 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Ah, I DO think your work has a great chance! And proof is in the pudding, dear. I mean, look, Up2Scrap picked one of your layouts. So I reckon it only gets better from here! I got my first one published when Kamryn was about 18 months. And it wasn't until Lauryn was born and she was 3-4 months old that I got my second one published. And Kamryn was 32 months then! So that is a BIG gap! And I think you are getting everything moving at a good time. I don't feel I am in so demand at home so I can get more done. Before I was lucky to get one done in 3 months lol. And you have definitely picked up since we first met. Cause you said then you were on a dry spell. I've only been doing it for 3 years but it's only this year that I have felt confident. But I've had BIG gaps in my career lol. I do hope you feel confident to try out next year cause I would like to see you give it a go. And yes, just think where you will be in a years time?!?!?

10:50 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hannah, those layouts are AMAZING. You are VERY talented! I love the second one! I just like the layering and art that you've come away with them with. Great job!

11:48 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hannah, I think you are too hard on yourself. Your layouts are magnificent! They always look like you've poured your heart into them. Your journaling is always beautiful!! Congrats on being published, that's a huge acomplishment!! Your are amazingly talents! I am so in awe of your work.

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can vouch for your talent! These layouts are awesome and the mini book you sent Emily is AMAZING!!

:)

6:37 am  
Blogger Ilka said...

Hannah you silly bird! Your work not good enough for a DT - phht. Who are you kidding. Of course it is. Your work is awesome, love your style too. I can understand you dont need the extra pressure at the moment but dear dont be so hard on yourself, your work speaks for itself. As does being published;p

8:31 am  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

I'm LOVING that energy/motion LO...its gorgeous Hannah! Your work is fab...you're lucky to have Christi as a friend cos you'll see first hand what the DT role entails & then you'll know if you even want to go there...your work is definately up to standard - you've got nothing to worry about there :o)

4:00 pm  
Blogger Megan R said...

I agree with all the others Hannah. I think your pages are great! I particularly like the second and last one. And if you are being published then that is more than proof!! I have been trying to get into up2scrap for a while, but not having much luck, yet the ozzie mags really like me at the moment. I think you just have to submit submit submit! Trust me, the more you do, the more you will be accepted!! You can totally do it :o)

10:29 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Congratulations on getting published in Up2scrap for the first time, can't wait to see you lo in there!
Thanks for sharing you lo's too, I think that is one of the things I love about visiting other blogs, checking out all the different lo's.

10:52 am  
Blogger Neen and Mike said...

Wow Hannah... love your layouts they are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your layot in the mag next month!

8:47 am  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Of course you are good enough to try out for a DT....you create amazing layouts Hannah so please don't doubt your ablilities.

And besides...
We are in next months up 2 scrap aren't we?
So that must mean something huh?

11:27 am  
Blogger Beverley said...

Like everyone said before me - your work is great - don't go doubting your abilities. Looking forward to seeing you in print - it can't be long now before that Up2scrap is out!

5:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your work is the best I've seen, but that's partly because you've got the best material to work with.(two of the most gorgeous boys in the world) I could be a wee bit biased though too 'cause I love you.

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home