Blairs Boys

Sunday, November 12, 2006

What have we done?


What have we done?
We got Tyler's hair cut on Saturday.
After more than 6 months since his last cut, it was getting real long. He had the softest curls and we both loved his hair long, but it was getting in his eyes a lot and we heard that he had been subjected to wearing hair clips and ponytails at daycare!!
On Friday, 3 people called him a girl while we were out shopping.
When Rob came home, I said "it's time to get his hair cut" and he agreed.
So on Saturday morning, Rob took him up to the Barber. When he came home and I saw my baby, I cried. The hairdresser was psycho and ruthless and decided to cut off a whole lot more than Rob requested. She cut off ALL his beautiful curls.
And now he looks like this:


He is still beautiful of course, but he just looks SO different. He looks like a completely different boy! And I really didn't want to lose his curls. I'm still upset about it, and Rob is too. We are slowly adjusting to our "new" Tyler. My mum almost fell over when she saw him. People are definitely getting shocked when they see him!!

Ethan, on the other hand, just loves his brother's new look! As soon as he saw him, he said "Bubby, your hair cut is SOOOOO cool!! Do you want me to help you look in the mirror?". And when we ask Tyler if he likes his hair cut, he smiles and says "YEP!". We've been saying "Tyler, shake your crazy hair" (from a Hi5 song that we always used to sing, and Tyler would always shake his hair and laugh) and he tries to do it and then says "No, all gone!" ... so cute!
So I guess the main thing is that he is happy, his hair is no longer in his eyes and hopefully people will stop calling him a girl.

But despite my feelings of despair, I'm still in love with his cuteness. His gorgeous smile is even better now, as it really does stand out on his face without his hair in the way. And now his curls are not the first thing people notice. They see his eyes, his smile, his personality. And I'm happy about that.
I just hope the curls grow back again!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah I can empathise but boy I love his new haircut.....It rocks! It makes him look a little older and a funky cool dude!! Eww at hair clips and ties at day and being called a girl! He is all boy now!!

10:59 pm  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

What a gorgeous wee man Hannah - love his new haircut, very cool! Definitely a layout to be scrapped don't you think.....

12:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up! I remember the first time I cut Graham's curls - but they're still there! You can still see that Tyler's hair is curly :)

3:18 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

I can still see the curls, albeit they're a bit shorter (BUT they're still there)! ; )
He does look cute, doesn't he. And you're right: you can see his smile more now, now that his hair isn't so long. My boys hair is so straight, damnit. I wish I had cury hair myself that I could have passed down in the genes. Oh well... why wish for something that I can never have! : )

9:33 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Wow, Hannah, what a big change!!! I think it looks great though! He looks older now, not so much like a toddler, ya know??? And you just gotta love that wee little face! I know how you feel about the cut though. I am adament mine aren't ever getting theirs cut, just trimmed!!! I know, mine are girls so I can get away with it lol. Did ya get any of those curls that we lopped???? Hang in there, hon, it is good to hear that he likes it though!

9:49 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi - no, we didn't get any of the curls that were cut off :-(
Rob didn't think I needed him to keep any since I already kept some from his first haircut last year. But I still would have liked some from this one!! Being a scrapbooker's husband, he should have known better, ROFL!!

9:53 am  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Oh wow Hannah, I love Tyler's new hairstyle!
It's a shame you didn't get to keep his curls though, I try to save some at least once a year from my kids haircuts... It's amazing how their hair colour has changed over the years.

2:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks so handsome!! You're right, it does make his eyes and smile stand out. What a cute little boy!!

2:17 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

OMG! Tyler looks so different. He looks older with the new hair cut, but very cool. He is so cute and Hannah the curls will grow back. I know how you feel Hannah, I was the same when Jarrod and Leigh had their hair cut and I'm sure the same when Noah has his hair cut for the first time. Tyler is a wee cutie.

4:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you said he still looks lovely but def looks Different. He does look very cute though...You never know his curls may grow back...

12:16 pm  
Blogger Ilka said...

Aww he looks definately supercute and cool with the new hair do! But yep also more grown up. And that's hard isn't it, to see our babies grow into toddlers, then little boys into bigger boys and so forth. So a *big hugs* to you Hannah.
ps. So sad when I read about the bike:(

10:58 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh Hannah!!!! Look at that boys beautiful smile! You're so right - it does stand out now - and the hair, as beautiful as it was, is not the first (nor the most important) think to see about Tyler.
He is beyond handsome - and I totally empathise - as we went through the same thing with Joey. Unfortunately joey's curls never came back, and he has stick poker straight hair that still looks cute.
Tylers hair was LONG! And he looks so different and much more grown up - maybe that's why it's a little bit hard too - we don't want our babies growing up on us so suddenly!
He's still gorgeous and he's happy, so that's whats important :)

9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
I wasnt sure on the weekend when i saw Tyler, coz i was such a big fan of his long locks and i kinda wished you hadnt got it loped off, but when i just looked at the photos you posted i think he looks absolutely gorgeous, and i'll even go as far as saying i think it looks better! You're right, you notice his features now more than i could before.
Liv xx

2:48 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG Hannah he looks absolutely freaking adorable!!!!! And such a big boy!

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home