Blairs Boys

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Gymnastics

I’ve enrolled Ethan in Kindy Gym next term. Basically it is gymnastics for 2-4 year olds. He’s really excited about it. Ever since he was little, he has loved to climb and jump and run. A few months ago he perfected the forward roll. His cousins have a trampoline and he plays on it for ages when he visit them.
Thank goodness he is not a daredevil. He likes to try things, but he’s cautious. Now in my opinion, that’s a great combo. My friend’s son is what you would call a daredevil. The child has no fear! It scares me to watch him play.
I hope Ethan will enjoy Kindy Gym. They sent out some information yesterday and it sounds really good. They start each session with a “sing along” and warm-up exercises. Then they work (play?) on the equipment. Sessions finish with a goodbye song.
The really great thing is that the club is new, so everyone will be starting for the first time. That means there won’t be kids who already know each other, and a new kid starting who has to break into the group. Because that is where Ethan gets a bit shy. He just stands back and observes, instead of joining in. Hopefully the kids will become good friends – there are only 12 in each class.
I want to buy him some “gym clothes” but Rob seems dubious. I think he is worried that I will buy him a leotard or something. But I just want to get some shorts that aren’t 6 feet wide and that don’t come halfway down his calves!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Where is the toddler gym at?

1:16 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Kindy Gym is opening up in Silverdale, at the Rugby Club. They have been advertising in the Rodney Times for a few weeks now and I just happened to see it.

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home