Blairs Boys

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sugar Sugar

This actually happened about a week ago, but I've retold it so often that I had to post it here as well!

Rob was bathing Tyler and I was upstairs, when I heard a "clink" noise coming from the kitchen. It happened 3 or 4 times so I went down to investigate. I found Ethan coming out of the kitchen with his hands outstretched, huge grin on his face:


Me: "What have you got, Ethan?"
E: "Sugar" [look of pride on his face]
[I look closely and see it is all over his shirt. Look even closer and see it is all over his face!]
Me: "Have you been eating the sugar?"
E: "Yeah!"
Me: "Have you done it lots of times?"
E: "Yeah. Its my favourite!"
[Go into kitchen, pick up spoon from the sugar bowl. Start wiping sugar up from the floor and all over pantry shelf]
[Must remember to put sugar on a different shelf, not the one that is at preschooler height]
E: "Be happy, mummy. I ate the sugar!"
Me: "But we don't eat sugar, Ethan."
E: "Why?" [looks genuinely surprised]
Me: "Because your teeth will fall out."
[Ethan goes very quiet. Doesn't cry, just watches me clean up]
Me: "Didn't you know you weren't allowed to eat the sugar?"
E: "No, mummy."
[Give Ethan a hug just because he looks so darn cute]
[I am still coming to terms with the fact he has been eating sugar STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL for I don't know how long]
E: "I'm sorry mummy. I won't eat sugar anymore."
Me: "Oh Ethan, you are such a good boy!"
E: "I'm not always good. I ate the sugar."

Ohhhhhh!

Later that night, Rob says "Oh, I had noticed that the sugar has been stuck and dried onto the spoon lately."
Hmm, that explains things!


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

What a joy that Ethan is - I mean really, he had no idea he was doing anything he shouldn't. So innocent, and so matter of fact he is! I don't know how you were able to keep yourself from busting out laughing, because I know I would not have been able to keep that in, especially after the little post comment "no I'm not, I ate the sugar".
He is too sweet, and that's all natural, not from eating sugar! ;)

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home