Blairs Boys

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Teddy Bear's Picnic

Well, today is the day. Tyler's first birthday. At this time on this day one year ago, I had just arrived at the hospital ... so in less than 2 hours time Tyler will be exactly one year old.
Likewise, his party is due to begin in less than 2 hours. I know, I know, what am I doing on the computer? Shouldn't I be running around like a headless chicken, decorating cakes and making fairy bread?
Luckily I took half a day off work yesterday to make The Cake. All up, it took 3 1/2 hours! That's not including the baking time - I had to make 3 separate cakes and because my oven is smaller than normal (hey, where is that new oven Rob promised me?), I couldn't fit them all in at once.
Here's the cake. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Granted, the bear's arms look as though they are coming out of its neck, and the head is a bit small, but seriously it was a hard cake to make!!! I'm hoping no small children find a bamboo skewer inside their piece of cake ... because there are about 10 in there! Something had to hold the thing together!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Awesome cake!! You did a terrific job!
Happy Birthday Tyler - can't believe a year went by so fast!

4:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flipping good job Hannah! That cake is amazing! Wish i could've been there to see you all. Sounds like the boys had a great time! I'm loving reading up on my nephews - its so cool when i dont see them very often,to still hear about their first day at daycare and their hilarious toilet training issues! Beautiful.

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home