Blairs Boys

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Santa photo you've all been waiting for...

Yes, I have a photo.
But things didnt turn out quite the way I hoped they would.

Ethan was more than happy to take a lollipop from Santa when we got there, but wasn't too sure about sitting on his knee. I didn't want to pressure him so I suggested we leave. But NO! He wasn't having that! He said he wanted to try again, so it was second time lucky. He was still very shy and didn't say much. He wouldn't climb onto Santa's knee by himself (and of course Santa wasn't going to pick him up, just in case he had a meltdown) so I had to place him there. He whispered his present request with no emotion on his face whatsoever. I took a photo, but he wasn't about to smile.



Now Tyler. My social butterfly who is hardly ever clingy.
I thought he would be fine. He was perfectly happy to stand next to Santa, shaking his jingle bells, but screamed when we sat him on Santa's knee! Needless to say, we didn't bother with a photo. Maybe next year ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

What a shame! It's a hard one. You never know how they will react! I think I saw you tonight at the Plaza. You were in the food court around 6:30. I'm almost positive it was you. You, your hubby, and Tyler. I didn't see Ethan but I wasn't super close. I seen you from Gifts Galore. I would have come over and said something but my face is loaded with cold soars at the moment, not very attractive for a first meeting lol!

11:13 pm  
Blogger Donna said...

I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Ethan sure was brave.

5:12 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Christi, that is just scary! I feel like I have a stalker now, LOL! It was me, we were there at 6.30, waiting to use the Kodak Picture Booth so we could get our free Santa photo!! Ethan was there too, but probably playing on the helicopter outside Farmers. Tyler wasn't too happy about having to sit in his buggy for that long, so you probably heard his trademark screeching!!
It's so funny, really. I wouldn't know you if I fell over you, because I've never seen your picture :) But next time you see me you will HAVE to say hello! I don't mind if you have cold sores. I looked a mess last night anyway!

10:32 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, and Christi, I forgot to ask before ... was Kamryn in the local paper a couple of weeks ago? It showed a picture of kids from Fame on a boat, and one of the little girls looked a bit like Kamryn. Hard to tell, as I've only seen 1 or 2 pictures of her.

10:34 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

He doesn't look too thrilled does he? Still, what a brave boy - that Santa can be downright intimidating to a 3 yr old.
He sure has grown - I can't believe how tall he is! Handsome boy you have there!

11:05 am  
Blogger Christi said...

Ohhhhhhh, you do have a stalker!!! And I watched every move from afar last night lol! I am always on the look out for you when I am up at the Plaza or anywhere else locally. I swear I say Tyler with a grandma (?) one day crossing the cross walk by the plaza coming from the library. I could be wrong though. Nope, I didn't hear any screeching or crying either. Ok, so I promise to say hi when I see ya next. I'm the big ole fat American with hair pulled up in bun-style lol, seriously that's a true description!

Which local paper? I wasn't aware of any boat trip lol. I know she took one last year with them. Hmmmmmmm, it probably wasn't her as I think they have to notify us of these sorts of things lol.

3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home