Blairs Boys

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I love my sister!!

My darling little sister camped outside Real Groovy Records on Queen Street for 17 HOURS to get us tickets for the second U2 concert (Vertigo) in March!!! And all that time I was lying sick in bed with a horrible tummy bug (or more likely food poisoning from some dodgy sushi). Our friend Katie queued with her, even though she already had tickets for the first concert! What a great friend.
As I lay in bed, I was constantly texting Leah to see how she was doing. We had torrential rain and wind about 1am and I could NOT sleep for thinking about her and if she was getting totally drenched out on the street. Amazingly, she said it didn't rain at all!
She even got on TV. Channel 3 interviewed the "couch boys" who were next in line to Leah & Katie, and the camera managed to get a nice shot of Leah in her pink woolly beanie at the same time :) Then another shot of her walking through the door to Real Groovy, only minutes away from gaining possession of some very sought-after concert tickets!!
Both concerts sold out within 90 minutes so Rob and I are eternally grateful that Leah had the guts and determination to do what she did. What an amazing little sister I have. Love ya Leah!
U2 here we come!! WOOHOO!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Can she adopt me so I can go too? I'll just stay in your pocket, honest! ;)

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome concert - enjoy!

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

9:54 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lucky thing! I've always wanted to go and see U2 in concert! When I was a student at Otago I couldn't afford to go, but this time around I wasn't organised enough (or brave enough!) to queue up outside Real Groovy. I guess if I really, really wanted to go, I should have made more of an effort? ; ) Enjoy!!!

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home