Blairs Boys

Friday, November 11, 2005

My little gymnast!

Check out my little gymnast! I'm so proud of him!



Ethan has been going to Kindy Gym for 5 weeks now, and he absolutely loves it. He was so excited the first week, and when it was over he asked if we could come back tomorrow :)
He warmed up really quickly to the instructor (Lynn), who is really lovely but keeps calling him Nathan. He doesn't even correct her anymore :)
Today I managed to snap a few photos, which is quite difficult because we are supposed to assist our child on each piece of equipment. But now Ethan is a lot more confident, and if he needs help he prefers to get it from Lynn! Never mind, it means I'm able to take a step back and really see how much he is learning.

I think his favourite thing is the bar. Most kids seem to like the trampoline best, but Ethan really loves swinging on the bar and saying "I can do it by myself"... this statement quite obviously aimed at some of the other kids who need more assistance!
He's not terribly good at keeping his legs straight or still when he's asked to, which I think is a pretty important part of doing gynmastics!! LOL. But he usually thinks he is doing it perfectly and will call out "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" .... and as long as he is happy and enjoying himself, I don't mind at all :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Great for Ethan! It's wonderful he is enjoying it so much, Hannah! Kamryn attends Gymnies at the Leisure Centre every now and again and she enjoys it. Her favorites are the trampoline and the rings. I wish we had room for a tramp :( I'm sure Ethan will only grow to love it more and more too!

10:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thats wonderful Hannah! I wish we could afford to do soemthing like that for our kids, but ... they have couches and beds to jump on, siblings to jump over, and blankets to crawl under...so that will suffice for now. ;)

-Jes

11:44 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hi Jes! LOL :) Yeah, I know it can be expensive but the one we are going to is the cheapest I've found, at $6 per session (although you do have to pay the whole term in advance, unlike the other places which allow casual attendance).
I've been trying for days to post a comment on your blog, but it won't let me :( Not sure why, but I have been reading all your posts, and thinking of you lots :)

7:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats awesome for kids to experience different sports and activities! Cant wait till our baby bean is big enough to do all that! Look like hes gonna be competeing in the olympics in years to come! Awwwww... our little gymnast nephew

9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan is sooooo clever!!

xxx

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home