Blairs Boys

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Reminiscing ...

My friend Katie is at University. She's been there for ages, but she's a genius and when she finishes she will be one of those mad scientists who make amazing discoveries and revolutionise the world. Since reading her blog this morning I've been reminiscing about my student days. Also a Science student, I have fond memories of my time there. I think of that Relient K song "College Kids" and say to myself "How could you be more wrong?"
Hmm, maybe I could change the lyrics slightly ....

And that's why I say Oh no! Not for me, not for me! Call it torture, call it university
No! Arts and crafts is all I need, I'll take calligraphy and then I'll make a fake degree
[And that's why I say Oh yes! Right for me, right for me! Call it pleasure, call it university
Yes! Pharmacology is all I need, I'll study night and day and then I'll earn my own degree]

80 grand later I found out that all that I had learned
Is that you should show up to take your finals and your midterms
[20 grand later I found out that all that I had learned
Would shape my future and make me a wiser person]

Do what will make you happy, do what you feel is right
Only but one thing matters, learn how to live your life
Do what will make God happy, do what you feel is right
Only but one thing matters, learn how to live your life
[I did what made me happy, what I felt was right
Only but one thing matters, I learned how to live my life
I did what made God happy, what I felt was right
Only but one thing matters, I learned how to live my life]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wise is the person who studies hard and appreciates the knowledge gained.

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home