Blairs Boys

Monday, October 17, 2005

It's the little things ...

It’s the little things that bring me so much joy.
Over the weekend there were so many, I just had to share a few:

*Tyler and I spent Saturday afternoon together, just the two of us. Since Rob and Ethan were at church having a lovely spit roast dinner, I decided that Tyler and I would go out for dinner too! I got Chinese from the food court. We sat together and shared a plate of food. He ate forkfuls of fried rice, and I put a selection of fish, chicken, pork and egg fu yong on his highchair tray. He was so happy.
I could never do that with Ethan – he always expects to get a Happy Meal if we go to the food court for dinner.

*At the shops, I was putting Tyler back in his car seat when he spotted a dog in the car next to us. He started jumping up and down in his seat with excitement, and trying to make “woof” sounds. We just sat in the car and watched the dog for about 5 minutes. Tyler was completely fascinated!

*We all went out yesterday to buy Ethan some new summer sandals. On the way to the shops Ethan was making Tyler laugh and then he said “I love you, Tyler. I love my brother so much”. I hope my boys will always love each other, even if they do fight sometimes!!

*Last night it was so warm and sunny, we walked down to the park after dinner. Ethan and I walked together, eating our popsicles. Daddy pushed Tyler in the buggy. We played at the park until the sun disappeared behind the houses.

It was the first glimpse of summer, and it was perfect.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

those were nice little moments you shared. It's the little things that kids will treasure as well - that's what builds memories. Years from now, they will remember the popsicles and the park and the time you took to make the little things....

3:26 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

What a magical weekend you had! Don't you just treasure those speical moments with the boys and as a family? :)

4:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's the little things?
I have three little things that bring me so much joy.
1) Billy
2) Tobias
3) Mercy

and oh...all the sweet memories that we have made over the years.

Thanks Hannah. :) I needed that today :)

-Jes

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats beautiful. That makes me look forward to our family so so much! You guys are the best.

1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home