Blairs Boys

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tyler survived his first day (and so did I!)

It was Tyler's first day at preschool yesterday. I couldn't concentrate at work, I kept wondering if he was happy, if he was getting enough sleep, if he was missing me & Rob. But Ethan has been going to preschool there for 2 1/2 years so it was comforting to know that Tyler had his big brother there to look after him.
When I arrived to pick them up yesterday afternoon I could see Tyler was having a great time. The teachers said that apart from some serious crying in the morning when he realised Daddy had gone, he had been happy all day. He ate all his lunch, had two 1-hour naps, and didn't cry for the rest of the day. Marianne said it was as if he suddenly realised "hey, this place isn't too bad after all, I'll stop crying now and just enjoy myself". I think he might do the same thing again on Thursday, but at least I know the crying doesn't last long and after that he is really happy. Marianne said he did extremely well for his first day.
We had to bring one of the sandpit toys home because there was no way he was going to let go of it when we left. He held on to for another hour after we got home as well! And it was just a plastic laundry powder scoop - go figure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leighanne said...

Glad to hear the 1st day went well:)

7:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept thinking about Tyler on his first day as well - and he was just along the road from my work!!
Glad he is settling in OK. It's not easy leaving them and I can tell you that you will NEVER stop thinking about your kids - even when they are 27!!!
Love you Han, from MUM

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home