Blairs Boys

Monday, October 03, 2005

Back to double income!

Well, sort of double. More like one-and-a half.
Rob starts his new job today. He has been a SAHD (stay-at-home-dad) for the past couple of months, since I finished maternity leave and came back to work full time. We had hoped to survive on one income for a couple of months so that Tyler wouldn't have to start daycare until after his first birthday. Well now he is one, and he starts daycare tomorrow! Sob, sob.
It all started a few weeks ago when I came home and said to Rob: "We have no money. You need to get a job."
So Rob phoned up a guy he was keen to work for, asked him if he could have a job, and the guy said "yeah sure, you can start tomorrow if you like". He let Rob choose how many days he wanted to work (Mon, Tues & Thurs), his hours (8 til 4.30) and his hourly rate (don't be so nosey!) .... it was so easy.
God has blessed us so much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi there! I found you via Christi's blog ; ) Ditto on the income-and-a-half thingy - life is much easier and less stressful with me working part-time now (though I do miss the family time on the weekends!) About the Sudoku thing.... I'm stumped! I'd love to be a Sudoku-genius, but I have to figure out how to exactly play it :P

1:58 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hello Rachel!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
I'm off to visit yours now! Its so nice to "meet" all these new people as a result of blogging. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better :)

2:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Hannah!
Thanks for signing my blog. :) I remember you, too, from the Bday club back in the day! lol

Wonderful news on the double income! We're a single income family & man is it a struggle. So much so that I am almost ready to get a job. But, I've been out of the worke force for so long that I couldn't get a job that would pay enough to actually make a difference (after paying for the daycare for all 3 kids).

Well congrats!!!
-Jes

5:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home