Blairs Boys

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sick of being sick!

We've had so much sickness in our household over the last 2 months. You name it, we've had it. Flu, colds, croup, tummy bugs, ear infections, conjunctivitis ....
Right now Ethan is on antibiotics for his 3rd ear infection of the year, both boys have lingering coughs and runny noses, Rob has just recovered from a cold, and I have sinusitis. I had been feeling unwell for 2 weeks, and finally went to the doctor yesterday. She prescribed antibiotics and told me not to go back to work until Monday.
I'm sooooo sick of being sick! This winter/spring has been the worst I can remember for sickness in our family. But it's not just us, it seems everybody we know has been going through the same things. All I can say is thank goodness GP visits are free for under-5s and my company provides medical insurance for everything else.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Hannah
that's not good at all! I really hope you all get well soon! Tell me about it... my boys have had cold after cold after cold. Fortunately I've only had one cold this Winter (usually get none, but was run down). It's interesting that your GP visits for under-5s are free - we have to pay a small amount (10 or 15 dollars?) Adult visits are over $65 now??? It makes my blood boil, and I can't see how they justify this!
Have a great day!

12:51 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Rachel - wow about the doctor's visits! Or should I say more like OUCH! It's free for under 5s for us as well, thank goodness! And a GP visit is $45 for adults which really hits Hugh and I since we both have to go every 3 months!!! HEHEHE, maybe Wellington is paying for our free visits!

Hannah - I have to knock on wood here because we have not been sick much at all this winter or even spring for that matter. We all got pretty sick in the middle of winter and knew we had it bad when Kamryn actually took naps three days in a row lol! And just lately when the temp dropped a couple weeks back, I got quite sick. Ya know the yellow thick snot that makes ya want to throw up lol! Ok, sorry for the visual! And then Lauryn got it. Took her to the GP on Tuesday for another check-up as after a week of being on sudamyl (sp?) she wasn't getting much better. Now she is on antibotics and is clearing up. The teeth are another issue though :(

4:43 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks girls :)
I'm feeling a bit better now. Or at least well enough to be online, lol :)

10:38 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah, further to my post, I get annoyed that I have to go to the doctors every 6 months to get the pill re-prescribed, and have to fork out that humungous amount for a less than 5 minute checkup that only involves my blood pressure being taken.... grrrrr!!!!

8:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home