Blairs Boys

Friday, October 28, 2005

Husband shopping

I just wanted to share this joke I was sent by a friend.

Recently a "Husband Shopping Centre" opened, where women could choose a husband from a large number of men. It was laid out in five floors, with the men increasing in positive attributes with each ascending floor . The only rule was that once you opened the door to any floor, you HAD to take a man from that floor. If you went up a floor, you couldn't go back down except to leave the place, never to return. A couple of girlfriends went to the shopping centre to find some husbands ...

First floor
The door had a sign saying: These men have jobs and love kids. The women read the sign and said, "Well, that's better than not having a job, or not loving kids, but I wonder what's on the next floor?" So up they went.

Second floor
The sign read: These men have high paying jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Hmmm", said the ladies. "But I wonder what's further up?"

Third floor
This sign read: These men have high paying jobs, are extremely good looking, love kids and help with the housework. "Wow!" said the women. "Very tempting, BUT, there's more further up!" And up they went.

Fourth floor
This door had a sign saying: These men have high paying jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak. "Oh, mercy me!" cried the women. "But just think what must be awaiting us further up!" So up to the fifth floor they went.

Fifth floor
The sign on that door said: This floor is empty and exists only to prove that women are impossible to please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Mum
Cute story :)
I miss being around for all the funny things they do and say! I hope you weren't too embarrassed!

3:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This joke is cool!

I check your blog everyday Han! and I feel like i'm involved in your life which is so weird cos really I could pick up the phone or visit! Surreal!

Anyway - I really love reading your stories! Ethan and Tyler are so special (and you and Rob too!).

I will try to remember to leave you and Katie messages!

Love Tara

4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home