Blairs Boys

Friday, November 04, 2005

Toys that play together

I'm working on the computer in the playroom, and Ethan is playing with his toys. I overhear the following conversation and try not to laugh out loud.
By the way, Ethan actually does talk like this. He says "said Shrek" or "said Donkey" after each thing they say.


`Oh, I still love you, Donkey,' said Shrek, `but I'm just so fed up with you!'
[Donkey is subsequently smashed onto the floor]
`I'm fed up with this' said Donkey.
`It would be nice if you were not fed up' said Shrek.
`I know, but I AM fed up' said Donkey.
`But you're not fed up, because you are a boy' said Shrek.
`Where's my monsters?' said Randall [the purple guy from Monsters Inc]
`We're not monsters anymore' said Donkey and Shrek. `We're just Donkey and Shrek.'
`Oh, I thought you were dinosaurs!' said Randall.
`No!' said Shrek.
`Are you talking about my long neck?' said Donkey.
`Why are you growling?' said Shrek.
`I'm growling at YOU' said Randall.
`Oh, I thought you were my friend' said Shrek.
`No, I'm not your friend anymore' said Randall.

He's been playing like this ever since he was 2 years old. I love the way Ethan role plays with his toys, although I do wish they could be nicer to each other... He has no problem with mixing toys up, which is pretty cool. Believe me, Buzz Lightyear, Princess Fiona, Spiderman and Bob the Builder have more in common than you or I ever thought possible!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, What a character Hannah!! He sounds so bright and clever - you must be giggling an awful lot with that boy! Matthew never roleplays like that.

6:42 am  
Blogger Donna said...

I think watching kids interact with eachother or with toys is one of the best things in this world. What would life be like without kids. Just wait till Tyler gets old enough to play well with Eathan.

6:58 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Very cute! Ethan sounds like a fantastic character! : )

3:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan is the cutest!!

Aunty Leah

1:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home