Blairs Boys

Friday, December 02, 2005

Tyler is growing up

I've had a revelation: My little boy is really growing up.
  • He has been saying "mama" and "dada" for ages but not in context. But now he says "bubba" when he sees a baby and he has his own special word for "kiwi", it sounds something like "gawa".
  • He brings books to us and then tries to climb into our laps to have them read to him. He can correctly point to lots of things now - ball, dog, teddy, baby.
  • He holds hands with us at the dinner table while Ethan says grace! He's been watching the 3 of us do it and now he is joining in. He usually reaches his hand out first, so he knows the routine well! I'm waiting for the day he closes his eyes too:)
  • He is cutting his first eye tooth! Once he has all 4 of them he can have a rest until the 2-year molars come in.
  • Every morning when he wakes up he wants his singing teddy bear. He loves to press his tummy and hear teddy sing "Jesus loves me" while the light changes colour.
  • Last night we let him use a fork to feed himself for the first time. He did a great job!! He couldn't get enough of his dinner - garlic prawns, spicy tomato pasta and steamed cabbage. I love that this boy eats anything we put on his plate. Ethan ate it all too, but not without a bit of cajoling on my part :)
  • Melissa at daycare said he was being really cuddly all day yesterday. He doesn't usually stay still for more than 20 seconds! I'm glad he loves his teachers so much and that he feels comfortable with them. He has settled into daycare amazingly well.
  • He has a chest infection at the moment but despite that, he is still sooo happy and smiley most of the time (unless he is having a tantrum because he isn't getting his way!)

These milestones are so bittersweet. I love that he is growing up, because I feel like he has so much more personality now. But I know I will miss my baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Tyler sounds like such a sweet baby. I miss all the little baby stuff.

11:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a big boy he is getting! Way to go Tyler!

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home