Blairs Boys

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The beauty of simplicity

Everything is SO black & white when you are 3.5 years old.
I was sick at the weekend with a tummy bug (actually I'm pretty sure it was that sushi) and Ethan came up to see me. Here is a transcript of our conversation:

E: What's the matter, Mummy?
Me: I have a very sore tummy. There is a bug in my tummy making me feel sick.
E: I can squash bugs with this thing. I will squash the bug and then you won't be sick anymore.
Me: But it is inside my tummy, Ethan. You can't see it.
E: Well, we just need to get a man's saw, and find that hole thing [tummy button?], and cut open your tummy lid, and then get the bug out, okay Mummy?
Me: You can't saw open my tummy! That would hurt.
E: Well, you just need to lie really really still, and not groan about it, okay?

If only things were that easy!
The beauty of simplicity :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL - gotta love his bedside manner though! I see a bright future doctor there :)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

9:56 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

So funny! This is a shining example of how kids see things in black and white : )
I hope you feel better now - take care!

1:16 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL - don't groan about it okay? That was hilarious!!
I bet when he's married and has kids of his own and gets a sniffle, he'll groan plenty ;)
What a sweetie he is to want to squash your bug though!

3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home