Blairs Boys

Sunday, January 14, 2007

My latest layouts




Until this weekend, I hadn't done any 12x12 layouts since November! What with Janine's Christmas challenge (for which I did a mini album), Christmas cards and then getting my CJ ready to post out in a few weeks, I just hadn't found the time to do any other scrapping.

These layouts were all started at crop on Friday night, and I finished them the next day at home. I haven't had too many photos developed recently, I have decided to make more effort to scrap the HUGE box of photos I already have, some dating back to May 2002 when Ethan was born. I'm glad I don't scrap chronologically, because it would annoy me to never be "all caught up". But I really do need to scrap these older photos sooner rather than later. I'm enjoying it as well, because there are some great ones in there.

1) Anyway, the first one is our family photo taken on Christmas Day 2005. Don't we all look SO much younger? ;-) I kept this one pretty simple since the photo was large and I didn't have any journalling to add.
2) The second is of Tyler at the zoo, completely in awe of the new tiger. The huge glass cage is amazing, as you feel so close! And can you believe the tiger photo was taken through the glass?
3) The final one is of Ethan's first live rugby game, which he just loved! I was really happy with how this one turned out. I wasn't sure about using the photo of the game "in action", but I think it works well with the other pics and the papers I chose. And it gives more of an impression about what it was actually like to be there.

That is probably the most scrapping I will be doing for a long time! I'm back to work tomorrow, but only for 2 weeks because then we are off to Hahei. I won't be doing any scrapping down there either, since we'll hopefully be spending all our time in the water ;-)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I so like those layouts Hannah.....love the simplicity of Happy Holidays and the colours of the zoo layout and how you have mixed up the pattern paper of at the game.

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lo's Hannah!

8:40 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

I love your layouts Hannah. Very cool! It's a bummer you have to return to work today. Isn't it nice just to vege at home over the holidays? Oh yeah and enjoy your holiday and the water.

8:35 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely work Hannah!

I get jealous when I see yours and others scrapping. I just have no place to do it and it's too hard to bring to the kitchen table with Madelynn and Aidan. Someday I will get back to it.

9:20 am  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:44 am  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

Welcome back to the real world Hannah - 'working' ... although sometimes it just gets in the way - lol. Love the scrapping and I'm sure that the boys enjoyed having Mum at home with them. Take it easy on your first day back at work. Ease yourself back in gently.

9:46 am  
Blogger Angela said...

Enoyed seeing your layouts Hannah, isn't it good just to get something done. Not good about having to get back to work, but .... the way I see it, you will be thankful when you want more supplies, LOL.

5:39 pm  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Fab layouts Hannah - those boys of yours are too cute! Must get my CJ album ready - not idea what i am doing really LOL!!

11:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so talented! I just ordered my first batch of scrapbooking supplies...I've crossed over - partly due to your inspiration!

:)

10:43 am  
Blogger Julie said...

Those layouts are fabulous!!! Hope going back to work wasn't to bad?
I was impressed you have got your cj sorted!! I've bought the album - LOL!

8:13 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Those are sooo great! My hubby would be so jealous about the game pic...he would have wanted to be there!

Maybe that's where my problem lays...I do scrap (or try to) chronologically and I feel frustrated because I'm NEVER close to being done. I haven't even started Lucas's baby book yet, and the new baby will be here soon!

1:17 pm  
Blogger Megan R said...

Fantastic layouts Hannah! I love them all!!!

7:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home