Blairs Boys

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My sweet 4-year-old

I just put Ethan to bed and this is the conversation we had. It just about made me cry!

Me: Goodnight, Ethan. I love you!
Ethan: I love you too. But my heart is starting to feel really funny.
Me: What do you mean?
Ethan: My heart feels all funny because you are leaving [clutching his chest]
Me: You feel sad because I'm leaving?
Ethan: Yes, I think my heart will break when you are not with me.

I couldn't believe he was saying those things. I didn't know he had those sort of strong emotions, he usually doesn't express them like that anyway. It was so sweet, but also a bit sad! I felt bad leaving him but I just gave him another cuddle. Then we had this conversation:

Me: Off to sleep now, okay?
Ethan: But I can't sleep, I don't know why.
Me: Think about your Kindy Christmas party tomorrow, that might help.
Ethan: I don't think I will be able to dream about that, because I always dream about you.
Me: Really?
Ethan: I hope I can dream about you tonight as well.

Talk about heart wrenching!! What a sweet little guy he is (most of the time). I just love him to bits!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

OMG, how cute!!! So sweet! I wonder if some of this is talked about at kindy like if something happens. Kamryn has said to me that her heart hurts because something has happened to her or because I yelled at her lol. Generally something along those lines. We've also been getting 'I think my head feels funny'. And when we ask about it's generally because she is thinking about something lol.

8:37 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

oh that is sooo cute! It's fantastic that he can express it in words to you too, and great that you can record it on your blog for future journalling!

9:33 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very sweet! You're his first girlfriend so to speak. Little boys can be so much more fun than girls I think. I know Aidan is more than Madelynn at times.

9:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is adorable!!

9:06 am  
Blogger Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

wow, he is gorgeous! and obviously adores his mumma! my four year old says 'we are hurting her heart' if we ever tell her off about anything!

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was adorable Hannah, too cute. Need to scrap that conversation.

12:38 pm  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

How gorgeous is that ... out of the mouth of babes.

6:55 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG that IS so sweet! Zachary tells us "my heart is hurting" meaning he's deeply sad about something.

It's so great that they can express these emotions isn't it?

11:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!!

Say hi to Dayna if you run into her :)

12:02 pm  
Blogger Gillian said...

What a sweet, sweet moment to treasure forever...

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest thing i've ever heard :)

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home