Blairs Boys

Sunday, December 31, 2006

12 Days of Christmas














Here are my completed layouts for Janine's 12 Days of Christmas challenge!
Thanks so much Janine for setting these! I've now got a lovely little Christmas album to share with my boys as they get older. I used an old baby's board book for my mini album. I just tore off the shiny paper and then covered with patterned paper.

Here are the pics:

Day 1: On the first day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/A pukeko in a ponga tree
The first challenge is around the Christmas tree ... Do you have a real tree or a fake tree? Do you have a theme for your ornaments or tree? What day does the Christmas tree go up? When do you take the tree down? Do you have a family tradition to celebrate the tree being decorated? Do you decorate the tree yourself or do your children help?

Day 2:
On the second day of Christmas/My true love gave to me two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
This challenge is around food ... Do you leave any special foods out for Santa?

Day 3:
On the third day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree!
Day Three of the challenge is around gifts ... What do your children want for Christmas this year; include your children’s wish list, or maybe their letter to Santa.

Day 4: On the fourth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree!
Many of us have extremely hectic schedules around this time of year. So it seems right that today’s challenge is around making a calendar page showing all of the holiday events and activities your family is involved in during the month of December.

Day 5: On the fifth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Today’s challenge is what Christmas means to you? Tell me what Christmas means to you and or your family.

Day 6:
On the sixth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Six pois a twirling/Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Today’s challenge is about music…What are your favourite Christmas songs/carols?

Day 7: On the seventh day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Today’s challenge is about summer ... Whilst we celebrate Christmas in summer weather other countries celebrate Christmas in winter. What do you prefer a hot or wintry Christmas?

Day 8: On the eighth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Eight plants of puha/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Today’s challenge is about Family ... Is there a roster of whose place Christmas is held at or where lunch is and dinner is? Do you all pitch in food wise or is it a potluck Christmas dinner? Do you have or have you had an orphans Christmas where you invite other friends to join you?

Day 9: On the ninth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Nine sacks of pipis/Eight plants of puha/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Todays challenge is aorund keeping in touch ... Christmas cards.

Day 10: On the tenth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Ten juicy fish heads/Nine sacks of pipis/Eight plants of puha/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Entertainment is the theme for today. So the Christmas meal has been eaten and the dishes done, your relaxing and the kids just want to have fun. What happens on Christmas day for entertainment?

Day 11:
On the eleventh day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Eleven haka lessons/Ten juicy fish heads/Nine sacks of pipis/Eight plants of puha/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Today’s challenge is about Christmas Eve ... Do you do anything as a family on Christmas Eve? Any family traditions you do on Christmas Eve?

Day 12:
On the twelfth day of Christmas/My true love gave to me/Twelve puipuis swinging/Eleven haka lessons/Ten juicy fish heads/Nine sacks of pipis/Eight plants of puha/Seven eels a swimming/Six pois a twirling /Five- big-fat –pigs/Four huhu grubs/Three flax kits/Two kumara/And a pukeko in a ponga tree
Todays challenge is going to be a little bit different. You have two topics you can choose from. The second choice is yours, you decide that your page can be about. However there is a catch, there has to be twelve items in your page. Mine has 12 embellishments.

Finally, the cover of my album.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Awesome album Hannah! Love looking at this and reading your journalling. Thank you for taking part in the challenge. You are in the draw. Your boys were so cute as Shepherds and I love the xmas eve tradition.

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're AMAZING!!!! How do you find the time?

:)

2:56 pm  
Blogger Lara said...

fantastic Hannah! Love your choice of patterned papers! What cool memories you have to treasure.

3:33 pm  
Blogger Angela said...

Love your album Hannah. Isn't that BG just begging to be used (LOL) it just fits in so well. What a treasure to have to share with your boys as they get older.

9:11 pm  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

Wow - brilliant wee album and I have been sitting here reading all the pages ... looks wonderful and will bring everyone joy who reads it ... well done.

10:17 pm  
Blogger Roo said...

Love your album, that is gorgeous work.

12:54 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

Awesome album Hannah - love reading it! I hope all your traditions stay - what wonderful memories.

5:11 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

What a fantastic album hannah, and what a great keepsake to share with your family!

8:55 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Amazing album Hannah, just beautiful! All the papers work so well together. Love it!

12:23 pm  
Blogger D said...

Very Creative. What a lot of work that must have been. Happy new Year.

7:11 pm  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Love your album Hannah!!!
What a terrific keepsake you have created...aren't those BG papers just gorgeous!

12:27 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG I absolutely LOVE LOVE this album and idea! It's amazing!

And I'm with Angella...wherever do you find the time?????

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home