Blairs Boys

Monday, December 11, 2006

Fast tracking my weight loss plan ...

I posted some time ago about my newfound enthusiasm for losing these final 10 kilos.
I've been doing okay. The weight loss has been very gradual. I doubt many people would have even noticed it. I'm doing well with my diet but the exercise just hasn't really been happening. I just never had the time, never had the energy, and never knew what exercise to do that would really burn the fat.

SO .... I joined the gym!! I never, EVER thought I would do such a thing! I used to go to fitness classes and aqua aerobics classes at the Leisure Centre (which I loved!), but going to the GYM was always a bit too scary. Anyway, Christi suggested that we join the local Curves gym together. We joined up last week and I've been 3 more times since then.

I just LOVE it!! The workout is 30 min, and you get a full body workout. They recommend going 3 times a week. I felt SO good after each session last week, and I'm really looking forward to my next one this afternoon ... especially because Christi will be coming with me! The only problem for me is their opening hours. They close at 7pm weeknights and they are only open from 8am-11am on Saturdays. Closed on Sundays. Since I work four 9h days/week and spend the other weekday at home with the boys, I just don't have much time to squeeze it into my day. But I've managed so far, and Rob is really supportive so I'm sure it will be fine. I've got a plan: I intend to go on Mondays after work, Wednesdays before work and Fridays after Rob gets home. Plus Saturday mornings when possible.

I'm actually pretty excited about my future now. In the past I have had great success with Weight Watchers and controlling my diet, but the exercise part has never really been a big enough focus for me. I guess because I am extremely time-poor. But Curves is great because it is so quick and you feel like you are really working out all parts of your body. Simply going for a walk doesn't make me feel that way because it is all cardio and I just don't know where to start with the weight training at home. Doing my Pilates DVD made me feel good, but I knew I wasn't getting the full workout I needed. Going to Curves is perfect because everything there is customised for women, and the machines are all designed to target each muscle area. Then you do your cardio bursts in between (and I'll try and go walking on the days I don't get to the gym).

So even though I probably won't be in That Dress on Christmas Day like I hoped, I know I will definitely be wearing it on my birthday in March! YAY!

8 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

I'm glad you love it! I haven't seen much enthusiasm from you so I wasn't sure ;) but maybe I just have too much for it!!! I'm like you, doing the exercycle hasn't been enough and wanted something all over. I surely couldn't afford to buy all the machines so it's been good. And I do love how I feel afterwards. So you got in on Saturday??? Our Friday 'power up' didn't kill me like I thought the next day lol. You'll be stunning by your birthday!!!

10:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I've heard great things about Curves (we have them here too). Maybe when my kids are bigger I can excape to Curves :)

11:07 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

I WAS enthusiastic, Christi! But I think it took me just one more session (on Saturday) to feel really comfortable with the circuit and the machines ;-)

1:22 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good on you! I was reading this post of yours while eating M&Ms (ehem....) Maybe once the baby is born I'll be motivated to get back on track?

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god on you Hannah!! I could see you beaming from here....

4:43 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

I love your enthusiasm! How inspiring! I need to lose 20 kgs and had gotten into the "I look fine" self -deceit! But you go girl - will be checking here to see your progress!

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! You sound really motivated and I'm sure you'll reach your goal - good luck!

3:21 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you have joined! I've heard nothing but good things from them!

And to be doing it with a friend makes it more fun and easier to get up and go!

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home