Blairs Boys

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ethanisms ... and more!

Ethan has come up with a few good ones lately.

A few weeks ago he asked if we could take him to "the park which has a sitting wolf".
He meant a "flying fox".
The other night he asked if he could go "spongy jumping".
He meant "bungy jumping".
Last night when I put him to bed he said "I just wish there was some way to make you understand, to talk to me ... I know what you're going to say, but I just want to be with you."
We were at Mum & Dad's at the time, and some other friends were there too. I went back out into the living room and told the others what he had said. It was pretty funny, the guys were saying "maybe he'll be a poet when he's older?" and "perhaps I should be writing this down" lol. He does have a way with words, my little guy.
We got Ethan a new bike today. We won it on Trade Me ... can you believe we only paid $32 for this?!?! It looks almost brand new, like it has only been ridden a few times. Needless to say, Ethan was really excited when we went to pick it up from Greenhithe today. He's really happy to have a new bike ... now we just have to get him a new bell to replace the Batman one he had on his other bike. Oh, and this bike will be locked in the shed so this one won't be stolen.


I thought it was about time to upload some photos of what we've been up to over the holidays.
This is Rob's brother Paul with his little boy Brock at the beach in Whangarei.




Here is a sand monster ... oops, I mean Ethan! Note how much sand is in his HAIR. He got a boogie board from Santa and this is what he looks like after he's been on it ;-)



Here are the boys all ready to go fishing the other morning. Tyler caught his first fish off Manly beach!! Rob said he was a bit freaked out - he was holding the line and all of a sudden he started yelling and pulling on it!


And finally, here is Tyler on his trike. He is getting better at it and hopefully he'll soon be able to pedal properly by himself. He is SUCH a poser these days, he loves getting his photo taken!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Hehehe, isn't it funny what they say???? And I think they hear things and are unsure of the text so try themselves and it comes out wrong. We get the same from Kamryn. I've heard 'ohhhhh, I don't know what to say cause it's all confused in my head' or 'my heart hurts and I don't know what to do'. Or she will say something and I'll say 'what's the mean?' because I really don't know and she will go 'I don't know, that's weird, mommy' lol.

Great that you got a replacement bike!!! It looks awesome! And Lauryn is the same as Tyler on her bike lol. We ask her to pedal and she says 'NO!!!'. But she can steer lol and knows which way she wants to go lol!

10:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't trademe excellent for such bargains!

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good score on the bike......loved the holiday snaps.

11:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great holiday! I miss summer... :)

7:15 am  
Blogger Megan R said...

Great photos Hannah! What a bargain for the bike! Riley got one too, very similar to yours for Christmas and he has been riding it all the time since we got home!! Love them being outdoors! Congrats on the weight loss too, thats awesome! slow and steady is the way to go to keep it off!

3:29 pm  
Blogger Lara said...

love the term Ethanisms - might have to use that!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh so stinkin cute!

I love that pic of Ethan. That is a GREAT picture!

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home