Blairs Boys

Saturday, January 06, 2007

My first weigh-in

I had my first weigh-in at Curves yesterday. So that means I've been going for a month now. I think I've done 20 workouts in that time, which is pretty good considering they've been closed a fair bit!

Anyway, I'm pleased to say I lost 1.2kg during that first month ... and of that, 1.18kg was body fat! Yeah! So I'm down a whole percent in body fat, and I've lost a total of 14.5cm. That includes 6.5cm from my bust (although I think some of that was due to the different bra I was wearing, I didn't think to wear the same one!), 2.5cm from each arm and 6cm from my hips. So I'm pretty happy with my results. However, I reckon if I'd had my weigh-in before Christmas, I would have lost more than that. It kind of goes without saying that I gained a little bit of weight over the festive season. As much as I tried to eat well, it just didn't happen that way all the time. And you can't deprive yourself at Christmas!

So things are going really well and I'm feeling great. I have finally found something that I LOVE to do, and something that works for me. I no longer feel the tremendous guilt about my eating habits. I used to feel really awful every time I had something "bad" because I knew I wasn't doing enough exercise to burn off the calories. Basically, I couldn't eat that stuff but I still did! Now I don't even want junk food 99% of the time, but when I do have something I'm okay with it because I'm so much more active now.

13 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Such a fabulous job you have done, Hannah! And it will only get better from here! No holidays to contend with lol. I'm glad you are really enjoying it. I am too and wish I could get in more frequently. Hugh working the end of the week especially sucks since I miss out on those days and then they are closed on Sundays. But morning kindy might just be my solution lol ;)

10:31 pm  
Blogger Lara said...

well done!

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. all good! I think this time of year is a good time to start a routine, because if you can get it sorted in the summertime when there's holiday and visitors etc, think how easy it will be to simply *continue* once the year gets under way.

11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news Hannah thats just awesome! I can see you beaming from here.

11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Feeling fit makes you feel good all the time :)

7:17 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Way to go Hannah! That is great.

8:23 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Good on you! I can't believe you are doing this at this time of the year. But it is exactly the right time to do it. I'll be watching your progress (this is the year I have to lose my next 20kg - oly haklf way there). Good luck

4:46 pm  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

WTG Hannah - that is an awesome result! I am also on that mission this year - have lost 2kgs to date, only 12 to go!!!

8:00 pm  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Way to go Hannah....congrats on your loss!

1:45 pm  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

WTG Hannah! What a fab job losing that amount of CM's. The Curves I go to haven't been open over the holidays when I was able to go. But the kids and I have been walking. Keep it up.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

WTG on the weight loss! I bet you are looking awesome already - time to splurge on that new bathing suit yet? ;)
I'm finding it hard to exercise in the cold - and am looking forward to this summer when we can do stuff outside. right now we have no snow (STILL!) so it's cold, but boring outside. As soon as we get some white stuff we can go tobogganing :) I'm sure dragging the kids up a big hill will let me burn off enough calories to enjoy a few evening cookies eh?

6:18 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations! That is awesome Hannah!

4:35 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

WTG Hannah, it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself and making some great progress. I think I might head down to our local curves, it sounds like fun!

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home